Chapter 14: Saiyan Square Off

Retcon(Change to the story I'm making): I messed up the timeline and have now decided that Y/N's age in the first saga is 16 meaning that in this saga and the next he will now be 17. A small change but one I want to make.
Last time on Dragon Ball! Krillin suffered a devastating defeat by the hands of Jackie Chun and Goku fought against a rubber monster known as Giran. With the first semi final match out of the way Y/N begins his match with Goku! 

Krillin sat down on a bench in the tournament waiting room, nursing his damaged neck after the confrontation with Jackie Chun. "You alright Krillin?" Goku Asked his pal sitting down next to him on the bench, Krillin let out an exasperated grumble as a reply letting Goku know that he wasn't exactly in a talkative mood. Y/N, Jackie and Yamcha stood around the bench in the waiting room, it was a spacious room with wooden planks as the floor and walls.

"It all makes sense now, no wonder you're strong you must be Master Roshi!" Yamcha suddenly said turning to Jackie Chun who looked at him confused. You, Krillin and your brother Goku looked at Yamcha shocked at what he proposed. "What are you saying bandit?! The old man is bald." You retorted scoffing at Yamcha. "Wigs exist you know." Yamcha replied back. That's when he got an idea and grabbed the hair on Jackie's hair and began trying to pull it off, "Gah! What's wrong with you?" No matter how hard Yamcha pulled the hair it just wouldn't budge.
Yamcha: "Woah it's really stuck on there..."
Jackie: "Now do you see?! I'm not Roshi-Sama."

"I know! Goku use your nose and sniff him, you'll be able to pick up his scent." Yamcha proposed. Goku began to sniff up Jackie but said how there was a strange smell blocking him from smelling his true scent which could only be the work of cologne.
"Alright then ladies and gents! Let's get the second semi final match underway with Goku Vs Y/N! May the two boys head out onto the stage?" The announcer's voice rung out from the speakers stationed on the ceilings of the waiting room. "Looks like we're up Kakarot, I can't wait to go all out against you." Y/N smirked at his brother clenching his fists, "Me too, I'm not holding anything back." Goku returned the gesture tightening the belt around his waist. "The two of you against eachother? Well I'll be happy regardless of who wins this so good luck out there you two." Yamcha wished the both of you well as you and Goku stepped out of the waiting room and out onto the fighting stage.

In the tournament audience

"Y/N vs Goku? This should be good." Puar commented smiling, "Yeah but it's hard deciding who to root for right? I love both of those guys so it's hard to choose." Oolong added on. Bulma placed her elbow on the wall which blocked the audience from the fighting area and placed her chin onto her hand. "Yeah but who do you think's gonna win? Goku's a tough kid but on our adventure Y/N always seemed..." She wanted to say indestructible but that conversation she had with Oolong played in her head again. "Like he wouldn't go down easily..." Bulma finished off awkwardly. "Yeah you're right, and the only time he showed signs of actually being injured was when that missile hit that car we were in. And even though he took the brunt of the attack the only damage he sustained was a cut on his leg. So the gap between Y/N and Goku is a pretty big one." Oolong said agreeing with Bulma. "But Goku and Y/N were both trained by Master Roshi for the same period of time so what if that gap's been closed?" Puar Asked.