Trust. Ch. 23

After Ichigo and the fam squad leave, I sigh and glance around. Everyone was pretty happy, even after the fact that we were just betrayed by a close friend. Well, I thought he was my friend... I was so deep in thought I didn't hear Tōshirō calling out for me.
"Himiko!" He yells, "Are you listening?" I turn to him, puting on a smile.
"Yes! Of course, my handsome little Captain... Now, what were you saying?"
He blushed and narrows his eyes.
"... I... I asked if you would like to come over." He glances away. "To my place. For dinner." I grin, puting my arm around his shoulders.
"How could I say no? You're so cute when you get embarrassed!" He mumbles something about women and I laugh.
"What time would you like me to be there?" I ask, looking at the sky. "Oh... It's later than I thought it was!"
Tōshirō nods, shrugging.
"Why don't you just come over now? It'll be easier than way." I nod and loop our arms.
"Lead the way, Suga. I'm hungry!"

We walk to his house in a comfortable silence. Once he opens the door, I sit on his couch, smiling at him.
"Your place is nice, Suga. Why don't we come here often?"
He shrugs off his captain coat and shrugs. "You never really asked. If you prefer this over my office, then we can come here instead. It's no difference to me." I nod and watch him rummage through his cabinets.
"... Hey... Do you want any help?" I ask, fumbling with my hands. He looks at me for a couple of seconds with a blank exspession.
"Yeah... Sure. Come here and wash these vegetables." He says, making room for me.
I smile, standing up from the couch and walking towards him. I grab the vegetables and rinse them under the water.

"... Hey, Tōshirō. I've been meaning to ask you something."
He looks up from cutting the beef and nods.
"Go ahead, Himiko."
I look out the window and glance at him.
"You were the one that found me... First, I mean." Tōshirō nods, "You were unconscious and covered in Momo's blood... I thought that you might have been dead." I nod, looking at him.
"Did Aizen say anything about giving me something? Like a present or something?"
Tōshirō narrows his eyes and shakes his head.
"No, not to me. He went on about you understanding him. And how Momo didn't... Why? Did he give you anything?" He asks, looking me in the eyes.
"N-No. Not that I know of." I say, looking away. He nods slowly, turning back to what he was doing.
"You can tell me, Himi. You can trust me." He says, almost whispering.
"I know, Suga. Just give me some time." He nods, and dumps the beef into the pot.

Time skip

We sit across from each other, facing one another. Tōshirō kept glancing at me and I grinned at him.
"Shiro, you are a great cook! This is great!" He blushes and smiles a little.
"I was taught by the best."
I nod, picking up a piece of beef with my chop sticks.
"Tōshirō." I say, getting his full attention. "How would you like to have a serious conversation?" He sets his chop sticks down and puts his elbow on the table, resting his head against his hand.
"Are you going to tell me what's been bothering you?" He asks, looking me in the eyes. I stare at his beautiful, sea green eyes, and he stares back into my purple ones.
"...Yeah... If you're willing to listen."
Tōshirō nods, smiling softly at me.
"Go ahead, Himi. I'm listening." I nod, sighing softly.
"Can you feel my spirit pressure? Does it feel different to you?"
He nods, "It's stronger, I can't tell you're having more trouble controlling it."
I nod, "That's not all. Most of it is new entirely. My reiatsu has tripled in size. When I woke up, I almost caught my whole room on fire."
Tōshirō stares, listening intently.
"When I was asleep, I wasn't dreaming. I was training, with Akemi. My Zanpaku-tô. The night that Aizen 'died' was the night that I went missing. I was out walking, looking at the stars and Aizen found me. We talked for a bit, he asked me how my training was going and I was so excited to tell him about learning Akemi's name." I let out a small laugh and close my eyes. "It felt like he actually cared, you know?"
Tōshirō nods slowly. "He is a master manipulator."
"Yeah... Well, he gave me a gift that night. A small charm to put on my blade. He asked me to learn Bankai. So, instead of going home that night, I went to train. I went to my normal spot, you know, the place by the lake..."
He nods, showing that he is still listening.
"I was looking at the charm, touching it with my hands, and it crumbled into dust and absorbed into my skin. It knocked me out and I woke up next to Akemi." Tōshirō looks at me with a question in his eyes.
"What?"
"You said when you touched the charm... It absorbed through you skin. And you woke up with your Zanpaku-tô?"
I nod, taking a bite of my dinner.
"Yeah. I was in my own little world, a forest actually. Akemi told me that I was going through something called encroachment. My soul chain was broken and eating itself. He gave me a task and 74 hours to do it."
"Was the encroachment Akemi's idea?"
I shake my head. "That's what I asked, but he said that Aizen gave this to me... After I almost completed his tasks, I ran out of time. I went through the last encouragement, and as I did..."
I pull my mask out, placing it on the table. "I went through something called hollow-fication." Tōshirō grabs my mask and traces the red swirls with his thumb.
"Aizen did this to you?" Tōshirō asks, without looking up.
"Yeah... Now there is another soul inside me. His name is Mizuki. He's the hollow part of me... Akemi and him are twin brothers..."
I trail off when I see Tōshirō's fist clenched around my mask. I reach across the table and grab his hand, smiling at him.
"It's okay, Tōshirō. Mizuki isn't like any other hollow I've ever met. He has been honest with me and if he tries anything, Akemi will set him straight... I will set him straight."
Tōshirō nods, not looking at me. But his hand tightens around mine, showing me he heard.
"I'm in control. And I promise you, Tōshirō, if anything changes, I'll tell you... Because I trust you, Tōshirō. I trust you will everything, all of me. I just need you to trust me back."
He looks at me in the eyes and nods, serious. "I promise you, Himiko. I trust you... With all my heart. I'm glad you told me... But that doesn't mean that I'm not afraid." I laugh softly, shaking my head.
"That doesn't mean that I'm not either."