Chapter 6

Half way through the corridor, Brett got a message from his watch, "Sir, we have intel that the criminal from before wasn't a mere coincidence, that was his workshop where he was working on what we have presumed to be a death rotator, we need you here ASAP."

"Roger that, I'll be there now, come on," Brett said as he grabbed K.C.'s wrist and ran with her to the elevator.

As the doors opened up, the agents were surprised that there was an almost enemy agent and held up their guns. K.C. scowled as Brett told his agents to lower their weapons and lead her to the main control rooms. As they entered K.C. also received a message from her agents as well ", agent H.Q. we have intel that the situation from earlier actually has a background motive, and that he also works for 'the revived', your partner would like to talk to you."

Upon hearing the words partner Brett had to admit that his heart broke a little until he heard the voice coming through the intercom ", K.C. When I asked you to take over one of my shifts that did not mean leaving your position for some mission, what if you had died, what am I supposed to do then?!"

"Relax Ernie, I'm fine, I'm continuing this mission as it seems there's more to it then I had foreseen, and before you go crazy on me I'll be fine, I have backup okay so, love you, bye."

"Wait K.C. wh-," came Ernie's cracking voice before K.C. hung up on him.

"So we doing this or not cause like," K.C. exclaimed with a look that said 'I'm ready for this', Brett smirked before leading her to their main room where they then proceeded with the emergency.

"So what we know is that this person has created a device that will allow anyone who gets their hand on it to control any room this device is placed into and drive the unlucky people inside to go mad and crazy," stated one of those at their computer.

"Oh they also work for the revived, so we can presume that they are thinking of doing something more then just creating such a device, are you looking into that?" K.C. asked walking behind him, crossing her arms she looked at the screen expectantly.

Turning around the agent raised his eyebrows before questioning K.C. " and who are you, you're not exactly anyone to give orders around here."

"She is the head of the 'organisation' in a way she taught me quite a few things, so listen to her because somewhat now she holds authority considering I wasn't the only one who's people were in danger, she also almost died like me and she knows what she's talking about so go with it agent James," Brett emphasised as he stood beside K.C. staring at his agent expectantly.

James nodded his head unwillingly as he looked back at the screen before he continued to read out all of the information "okay, so, there's going to be an auction. All of the worst criminals have been invited; our best guest is that they're going for this death rotator."

"Okay, so then here's what we're going to do, we'll have agents ready for battle on my signal, we'll have back up ready to come in if needed after squad one, and we'll have people ready to arrest anyone who tries to escape, K.C. and I will go undercover. Let's move!"

Brett led K.C. to a room with many dresses suited for the event they were about to crash, and asked her ", do you want me to send someone to help you or can you do it yourself?"

"I can do it myself thank you very much," she said while shooing him away, he held his arms up in defence and closed the door behind him.

K.C. fluttered her hands over the dresses, the feeling of many different types of fabrics made her feel like she was back home being dragged to go shopping by Marissa. She missed her a lot but now what's not the time for sentimentals. She skimmed them with her eyes until a luscious dark green dress caught her eye, feeling the cool silky material between her fingertips she grabbed it off the rack and dashed to throw it on.

Walking to the mirror, the dress had a low dip stopping just above her stomach, while the rest of the dress went down all the way to her ankles with two cutting slits starting from mid thighs. In twenty minutes she had done her makeup, dark green eyeshadow with eyeliner, with some low key highlighter and blush, a beautiful red glanced her lips and finally her long straight hair. Grabbing a pair of black level-up, closed toe heels and a purse she walked out to the main control rooms.

Everyone was getting ready, suiting up, going over plans, double checking. When K.C. walked in the room quite a few people stopped to stare, some raised their eyebrows at her while others drooled, walking to the front where Brett was to get away, her heart's metal wrapper couldn't help melting just a bit more. He was wearing a sharp grey-silver silk suit, and his white plaid shirt was only buttoned up half way. His face was now clean of what once used to be a beard and his hair was slicked neatly to the side.

She couldn't help but stare, before she shook herself out of it and walked towards him before she hyped herself to greet him ", hey, not bad, so you ready to kick butt?"

He turned around and his eyes widened a bit, looking her up and down he smirked before he composed himself. However K.C. was unaware of this as she was grabbing a laser gun and other necessary weaponry and only looked back up at him when he replied with ", sure am, babe."

She scowled at him before she walked away to the car, following her and before she could do anything he rushed in front and opened the door for her, he smiled while she just shook her head ", getting into character babe."

"Uh huh," K.C. said as she folded her arms waiting for him. As he entered he gave her a cheeky smile before he revered up the engine of the Maserati Grancabrio, and drove off. Everyone else followed discreetly.

Going up to the parking booth, the security asked for their identities, to make sure they were on the list, before they had come they had hacked the system and inserted their names to the list posing as Antonio and Anastasia Di Angelo. A married couple, who also cause destruction to every site that they decide to give a little visit to.

As they walked out of the car and into the elevator they ran into another couple, looking at each other K.C. and Brett went in. K.C. swung a punch at the woman, making her wobble back at the unexpected encounter however it didn't last long as she ran straight for her, K.C. grabbed her and knocked her into the wall. Brett on the other hand swung his foot to knock the guy off balance, seeing this however he grabbed his leg and pushed him down, Brett grabbed him and kicked him from where he was and when he came down he used him to pull himself up. K.C. and Brett looked at each other, an understanding thought between the two. As the other couple ran to them and just at the right time they moved and let the couple run into each other knocking themselves out. Taking their tickets, they dragged them to the teams, locked them up and made their way into the main hallway.

Walking in their arms intertwined with each other, and just to make it look a little bit more believable she leaned on his arm. Sitting down, K.C. leaned her head on Brett's shoulder, still holding it. As a man walked onto stage, the hall quieted down for the auction to begin.