eleven

Welcome to the last chapter !!

~

WORD COUNT: 2.4k

~

Stepping into Padmè's apartment, Gal scanned the large place for the older woman, frowning when she was unable to see her sitting on the couch where she normally would be at the current time of the night. Padmè soon then stepped out from around the corner in a dashing blue nightie, her baby belly sticking out, but somehow it looked natural on her.

"Gal!" The young woman awed and opened her arms, letting the young Jedi hug her. "Thank Mother of Moon's you made it back okay! You've alerted Anakin that you're home, yes?"

"Not yet. I only got home yesterday but I've been with Master Windu for some time, I'm just letting Harley rest before we leave again tomorrow. Why? What's wrong?" She asked when she saw the frown on Padmè's face. "Why has everyone been relieved that I'm back, it's concerning."

She had run into Obi-Wan on her way up to Padmè's apartments and he had given her a hug and told her that he was relieved to see she was okay, which was rather strange and it caused her to be slightly offended; she thought he trusted her skills well enough to know she could complete the task with ease. 

"Anakin's been having these nightmares. He hasn't said much, just that you keep dying. He said he had gotten a horrible feeling whilst you were away, that something wasn't right," Padmè explained, walking the young woman back towards the elevator. "You need to go reassure him you're okay, he's at the Jedi Temple."

"I- I'll go right now,  I'll come back a bit later!"

Gal rode the elevator down to the first level in silence, her mind stuck on Anakin. Is that why she could hear his voice? Was it really him? The young woman had hailed an air cab and instructed the man to take her to the Jedi Temple. It was a quick ride, the man having some heavy rage against other traffic, but once they were there, she paid the man handsomely and jumped out quickly.

She practically sprinted up the stairs of the Temple and searched around for Anakin but she couldn't see him, nor could she feel his presence.

"Jedi Rahl?"

The young woman spun around and stood up taller. "Chancellor Palpatine," she said, attempting to hide her distaste. She wasn't a fan of him, he was constantly disrupting the Jedi's decisions and attempting to pin other's against each other during Senate meetings, well, from what she saw when she occasionally attended. 

"I suppose you're looking for Anakin? He's busy running a personal errand for me, but I do wish to talk to you about him," he said and gently placed a hand on her shoulder as they began slowly walking down the hall. 

Gal glanced at it before flicking her eyes back over to him. "Yes, actually. He said he spoke to you the other week?" She asked and folded her arms as others walked around them, oblivious to their conversations.

"Yes but of nothing too personal. Uh- But I do know the feelings you and he have for one another, uh, but your secret is safe with me," he said and held his hand up in honour as Gal stopped walking and turned to face him. 

"Thank you," she muttered, hiding her anger towards Anakin by attempting to push it deep down. How dare he tell the one person who she most definitely didn't trust with something as personal as that? She would have much rather have told Master Yoda than the Chancellor! 

"The pleasure is all mine Mrs. Skywalker," he retorted with a small head nod.

Gal tensed a little upon hearing him call her that, it was the first time she had ever been called Mrs. Skywalker. It sounded strange, but not at all wrong. Gal would be lying if she was to admit she didn't feel a little sense of pride carrying the name.