"Sleep Away The Storm" Vampire X Reader Oneshot

The droplets of rain were lashing onto the ground outside your window. The rain was merciless when it came to soaking the land. It was dark, gloomy and wet outside. The sky was filled to the brim with dark clouds. You just stared outside then window, watching as the rain slowly started to flood the road below.

"Guess I wont be hanging out with him today either, huh?"

You sighed. It was the third day in a row where it rained too heavy for you to hang out with Vampire. The weather forecast said it was to end after day two, but clearly they lied. You got up, keeping the blanket wrapped around you close and went to the kitchen. You poured some water into the kettle and boiled it. You walked around, getting the mug, hot chocolate powder and milk for your nice mug of hot chocolate.

You kept drifting off to sleep and waking yourself up while waiting for the kettle to boil. The thoughts of the storm keeping yourself awake at night, so you didn't get much sleep. The kettle soon enough stopped shaking about and the light shut off, signalling it was ready. You got a spoon and put spoonfuls of the powder into the mug, leaving the spoon there as you went to put away the container. You then poured some of the water into the mug and stirred it with the spoon you left in it.

After a bit of stirring, you poured some milk into it and stirred again. Putting away the milk once you were done. You carried your mug of freshly made hot chocolate into the living room, back to the heat of the fireplace and the softness of your couch. You pick up the fire iron to prod at the fire before returning to the couch. You sat down and lifted your legs into your chest, sipping on your beverage as you do so.

"Guess I'll just stay here then.."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You sat there just sipping on your hot chocolate, shifting between being asleep and awake until a knock at the door startled you. You placed down your cup and ran towards the door, concerned for whoever was outside in this weather. You opened it and- of course it was the idiot himself, Vampire.

"May I come in? It's quite rainy outside."  "...You're an absolute idiot you know Fangs."  "I get told that a lot."

You stepped outside and let your drenched friend in. You carefully helped him take off the coat and saw that even with the coat, he was soaked to the bone. His expression turned into an awkward smile as he realised that too. You carefully put his coat onto a radiator as he took off his boots, carefully as to not spill the water that collected in them.

"Sooo....Got a spare change of clothes I could use?"

You go back over to him and stare with a deadpan expression.

"Yeah, I do. I'll get them for you, just stay here while I get them and a towel."  "Thanks. Dunno what I'd do without you."  "Maybe not walk in the rain, getting soaked just to see someone?"

You walked off to get the spare change of clothes and towel as he just sighed at your response. You went through your closet, trying to find anything he'd fit in, eventually settling on some clothes that were big on you. You went to the bathroom and took a spare towel that you always washed and yet, never used. You went downstairs to give them to him and he thanked you.

You pointed to the bathroom downstairs and told him to change there, that you'll just clean up the water that followed him so he didn't have to. He thanked you again and scurried to the bathroom, locking the door behind himself once he got in. You stared at the trail, contemplating whether to use a towel, a mop or some tissues to clean up the water. Eventually you settled on a towel and started to clean up once you got another towel.

You went back to the kitchen, preparing another mug of hot chocolate for Vampire, since he'd probably want one. You had made another cup when a voice spoke up.

"Hey, wanted to say thanks again. Thanks for letting me wear your clothes."

You looked over to him and handed him his beverage. He took it in one hand and took a sip. He smiled afterwards. He was wearing the clothes that you gave him, and that seemed to perfectly fit him, thank MT.

"Its no problem really, it was getting boring on my own here."

You both walked over to the living room, plopping down onto the couch as you picked up your slightly warm hot chocolate. You both sat there drinking until Vampire sneezed out of nowhere. Your eyes darted over as he sniffled. You put a hand to his forehead and felt the heat burning your hand.

"Fangs! You've got a fever!"  "I... Do...? Guess I'll have to stay here longer."

You grabbed the blanket off the couch and quickly wrapped it around him. You were about to get up to get medicine when you were pulled back. You landed on top of Vampire's chest and he buried you closer into himself.

"C'mon.. Aren't you tired? I heard sleep is the best way to help cure a cold.."

You tried to wriggle out of his grasp, to get him something to help his fever but he just kept his grasp around you. You give up after a bit and sigh.

"...Fine... But when we wake up, first thing we do is get you medicine."  "Fine by me."

You turned around to face him as he moved the blanket to cover the both of you. You placed your head on his chest, hearing his heart beating as you slowly close your eyes. He plays with your hair for a bit before falling asleep himself. You both lay there, sound asleep as the fire illuminates the room and the storm calms down.