"Rowdy Pup" Raspberry Mousse x Rose Oneshot

"Poodleberry, return my hat this instance!" "Poodleberry!" "Reviens ici!"

The sound of running feet and paws could heard throughout the halls of the Raspberry Manor, the source being a red-pink poodle running away from a very annoyed man. In the mouth of the canine was a red hat, with a bright blue feather attached to it. The man had been chasing the poodle around the building, shouting in both english and french for the pet to just ignore. Raspberry halted and just scowled at the canine, who had stopped as well and looked at him.

"What has gotten into you? Look my little 'Chiot chéri ' just please give me my hat. I have fencing in a few minutes.."

He stared at the dog for what seemed like minutes, when it more likely was a few seconds. Poodleberry barked once and sprinted off in the other direction.

"Baie-caniche!"

He chased after the dog, passing around corners, going down flights of stairs and avoiding the staff who were snickering at the scene of the young master chasing after the family pet. He had to even jump over a fallen pot which his younger sibling had accidentally dropped that morning. He finally made it to the training grounds where he saw one of his trainers already gearing up for the sparring match.

Raspberry Mousse stood there, getting a few breaths in and went to get his sabre from the designated holder. He saw Poodleberry laying away from courtyard, chewing the hat as she stared back at him. He huffed at the sight and turned back to his trainer, positioning himself with his left hand outstretched, his blade pointing towards the opposition.

"Prepared to duel?" "I am, though I'm unsure about you.. You aren't wearing some of your usual attire." "Not all battles are expected, some are when you're the least prepared. Consider this as a way to train for when you're not fully equipped, 'Mon cher entraineuse'" "You forgot to put them on."

The golden visor-ed mentor pulled on their own protection. Raspberry Mousse frowned.

"When you have to chase a certain bow wearing pup you don't really have time to put some things on." "-And put your hair in a ponytail." "Hmph."

The red-pink haired man lunged forward to strike at the other which they deflected.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So, do you say you surrender?"

Raspberry held the sabre at the other's torso, smirking as he held the grey hand guarded blade in his other hand.

"It'd be wise too."

Raspberry Mousse huffed and removed the blade. Moving to put away both weapons in their respective containers he glanced back to see his trainer taking off their helmet. That was rare, since Celery always liked to keep themselves ambiguous.

"Young master Mousse." "Yes Celery?" "Why does Poodleberry have your hat?" "Stole it.." "I'd suggest you get it back, she's getting ready to run."

He turned his head quickly to see his pet slowly sneaking away. The pet in question froze and looked back at her owner. Raspberry Mousse took a step forward which caused the canine to flee.

"WHY YOU-"

He sprinted after the poodle. Celery watched as his figure moved further from them.

".. I wonder how does he still have the energy to run that fast..?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raspberry Mousse stopped in his tracks and gasped for air. Who knows how long he ran for, all he knows is his legs are burning, metaphorically speaking. He glanced at his surroundings, taking note of the rose bushes everywhere, the ruby red flowers were reminiscent of someone, but he couldn't put a finger to it. He crouched down and sat on the pavement, taking in deep breaths as he clutched his chest. The sweet aroma from the flora around him filling his senses as he relaxed. After a few seconds he stood up, still clutching his chest as he walked forward.

"Where did she go.. Should've kept chasing.. Bon sang..."

He followed the path until he heard a voice. He walked quicker to the source and found a woman laughing, she was standing at the steps of the red cedar gazebo. She was playing with Poodleberry. She flung the hat which spun in the air for the dog to catch.

"Excuse me, mademoiselle."

The lady turned her head and smiled. It was Rose, thankfully. He'd hate it to be someone else and make a bad first impression.

"Hey, Raybae. Are you alright?" "I'm just very, very tired.."

Rose smile sympathetically and walked over to him, throwing the hat one last time. She gave him a small peck to the cheek and moved his hair from his face. Raspberry Mousse looked over to the pet who was playing with his hat.

"Nice to see the lack of appreciation for my hat.."

Rose chuckled and took off her hair band. She put it on the disgruntled man and smirked.

"Personally I prefer this. Maybe if we added a feather to it and made the rose more pink it would suit you better." "Very funny mon amour.."

He pouted at that statement and wiped his brow. Rose lead him to the gazebo steps and tugged him down, inviting him to sit on the steps with her. He took on the offer and sat down, resting his arms on his legs and hanging his head down. The other rested her head on his shoulder, sliding an arm through a gap and intertwined her hand with his. He shifted his head closer to hers and gave a gentle kiss on her forehead, dropping his head down right after.

"From a scale from 'just woke up' to 'caffeine won't help me' how tired are you?" "Let's say.. 'I'm dying after chasing my unruly pet because she stole my hat.'" "Pfft, that's why you're that sweaty?" "I just sparred before hunting down that rowdy pup over there, give me a break." "Well you're having a break right now aren't you? Plus-"

She gave his hand a gentle squeeze.

"No matter how you look, I'm still gonna love you. You could've went through the Dragon's Valley and back then went to Yogurca and back, and I'd still love you. Even if you stink." "I don't stink, do I?" "No, you don't. Poodle's breath though.." "Mhmm."

They both chuckled at that statement. They both just sat there and relaxed. With Poodleberry chewing on the hat, biting it at different angles a few feet from them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here you go pony_daydream I am terribly sorry this took so long! Hope you enjoy this little oneshot.