f i v e

We got back home and both decided to give each other a little space and Rachel headed to our room to relax a bit. I needed to at least get some sort of a workout in for the day so decided to get changed and go for a run. Taking no notice of Rach, I got changed in the closet but left the doors wide open as I usually would and quickly found my running shoes. As I entered the bedroom again, Rachel was staring in my direction and the blood began to rush to her cheeks once she realized I had caught her staring as I changed.

"I'm going for a run, I'll be back in about an hour." She nodded in response but didn't say anything else.

My run gave me some time to take in what was happening and really reflect on the situation. The situation had moved extremely fast and I had to keep reminding myself that I wasn't even aware of her existence just over a week ago and now she was living with me, sleeping next to me each night. Moving in together was a huge jump in any normal relationship never mind a completely fake one with a stranger. It hadn't even occurred to me that she could be dangerous or untrustworthy. But Anna loved and trusted her and I entirely trusted Anna so it made sense that I would automatically trusted Rachel as well. Even if I did know next to nothing about her.

I was entering the end of my street when my phone started to ring. I took it out of my pocket and glanced at it seeing as I was just about home. When I caught sight of my best friend's name flashing up on the screen, I knew I was in line for another angry phone call similar to the one I had received from my sister this morning. Deciding to get it other with, I slowed to a walk and swiped to answer the facetime call.

"Hey Alex, how's you?"

"Don't you dare 'Hey Alex' me." She mimicked. "You have a girlfriend you didn't tell me about and one so fucking serious that she lives with you. But you couldn't even think to drop your best friend a text. I didn't even know you were dating again Kel."

Her voice dropped towards the end of her rant and I could tell she was seriously hurt by me 'keeping secrets from her' especially something this big. Who knew how annoyed she'd be if she found out I had plans to be married in a matter of months. I entered my house and could hear the TV playing in the living room. Knowing that was most likely where Rachel was, I decided to take my conversation to the kitchen.

"I know Alex and I really am sorry but I promise you I do have good reasons for keeping it quiet. I didn't mean to hurt you by not telling you. I promise you can meet her soon." I told her honestly- I hasn't even considered how much my friends would be affected by my relationship.

"I know you wouldn't mean to hurt me Kel, I was just upset." She sighed. "Do I at least get to know the mystery girl's name?"

"Rachel." I said with a slight smile.

It was at that point my 'girlfriend' entered the kitchen, obviously hearing I was home from my run.

"Does she make you happy Kelley? That's all I care about." Alex said.

"Yeah she makes me really happy Alex. She really does." I looked up at Rachel who was just stood in the doorway watching me, listening intently.

"Wait, hang on! Is she there? Can I see her, can I see her?" She questioned excitedly, her whole mood changing.

"She might be." I smirked but I could also see the worry on Rachel's face.

"Please, please, please Kel. You'll be all forgiven and I'll be nice. Please." My best friend begged.

"I didn't want to introduce you two to each other on facetime but I suppose you can say hello each other but that's all. Wait until you meet properly to try and scare her Alex." I warned.

Hesitantly, Rachel came over and I wrapped my free up around her as she appeared in the phone camera.

"Hey, you're all sweaty." She whined pushing me off her once she remembered I had actually been running.

"What did you expect. You've never complained about my sweaty body on you before." I teased and as on cue, her eyes widened and her bright red face appeared.

"Kelley!" She shrieked. "You can't say that! Especially not on facetime to your friends!"

"I'm joking, I'm joking." I turned my attention back to Alex who was now in hysterics laughing at us. "Alex meet Rachel, Rach meet the one and only Alex Morgan."

"Hey Rachel." Alex said with a wave.

"Hi." Rachel quietly replied before looking back at me. "I really hate you."

"Well hopefully Kelley will properly introduce us soon but I'm gonna let you go so you can go shout at Kelley in peace. Try not to murder her- she comes in handy on the soccer field. See you worms." Alex said and we both said goodbye before hanging up.

Rachel seemed shy and nervous again and I couldn't help think it was because of my slight sexual comments. On one hand, I was trying my best to make not to make Rachel feel awkward when it came to our 'relationship' but on the other hand, my friends were used to me making these sorts of jokes and I was worried if I suddenly stopped, they would question why.

I told Rachel I was going to take a shower and grabbed some clothes to get changed into afterwards. I took my time washing the sweat I had acquired on my run off. Entering the bedroom, I was surprised to see Rachel on the bed but now wearing my sweats and a hoodie. Well they were more wearing her as my clothes were definitely oversized on her.

"Well don't you look cute." I said as I came and sat next to her on the bed. She tensed up but like many times I had seen over the last few days, she closed her eyes, took a deep breath and let her body relax.

"Sorry. I hope you don't mind. I just wanted to be comfy and I couldn't find mine and I..."

"It's okay Rachel. You're welcome to any of my clothes whenever you want. What brought you up to bed?" I said cutting her rambling off.

"I was waiting for you." She mumbled. "You know your rule- act like a couple even if no one is here."

"Uh huh, sure. Let me climb into bed and then you can tell what's really going on in that little head of yours."

She rolled over making room for me and lifted up the duvet so I could climb in beside. Unlike the previous night, she wasn't trying to get a million miles away from me but she was taking a lot more deep breaths try to keep her herself calm.

"Can I, umm, have, umm, you know. A hug?" She stuttered out taking me completely by surprise that her nervous stutter was back but I opened my arms and accepted her regardless. I could feel that she was still tense in my arms but I continued to just hold her.

"See this isn't so bad now, is it?" I joked trying to get her to relax a bit.

"Kelley, I'm so worried about meeting Erin." She revealed quietly as always. "What if she sees right through us and ruins all my chances. She seemed so angry. What if I mess this all up?"

"She's angry as she conjured up the idea that I don't respect her and love her enough to keep her updated on my personal life and she feels I have lied to her. The minute I tell her this is what I want and that I'm happy, she'll back off. She's just being defensive. Just like Alex backed off the minute she saw you, Erin will be the exact same."

I ran my fingers through her hair tentatively a few times to see if she would react but when she didn't say anything, I took it as my cue to carry on.

"I don't want to get up yet."

"That's okay we'll stay in bed and we can watch Netflix. I'll get up later and cook us some dinner seeing as we've not eaten much today. Sound good?" I asked.

"Yeah, you can pick something."

A/N

So first of I'm sorry this is sooo late. 

Tonnes of shit has happened in the last week and other things needed to take priority.  Because of this, this also isn't my best writing but hopefully y'all still all like it and want to keep reading! Despite not writing, I have missed you guys so hmu in the comments and my inbox!