Turbulence

The lanterns surrounding the group were draping us in a deep red light as we stood in the centre of London's Chinatown. We all had our arms wrapped around one another, marching down the street singing Beatles songs. Kurt was on my left, Liam on my right, with the others alongside us. Just as Kurt was leaning down to kiss my head I leant up to kiss his cheek and our lips met gently. We both laughed and Liam reached down to ruffle my hair.

We all split apart when Hey Jude ended in a spectacular fashion of Liam tripping and pulling us down. Everyone collapses on the ground began smoking.

The American amongst us suddenly says,
"Quick, one of you give me a ring."

Liam pulls one of his silver rings off and hands it over, Kurt promptly crawling over to me and grabbed my hand.

"Hey you beautiful Ginger, let's get married!"

Everyone began raucously cheering and I grin and laugh too as he put the oversized ring on my finger.

I attempt pull him up to give him a snog but I tragically underestimate my alcohol induced weakness, instead being pulled down on top of him.

"Love you, Kurt."

"Love you too, Elizabeth."

Oh my.

Kurt grinned at me and walked over to the few mugs of tea left on the counter. He took a seat between Liam and Noel, facing me.

"Nice ring, Eff." He said in his usual American drawl.

"Thanks, I actually just got engaged." I wiggles my fingers at him.

"Cheers to the happy couple then." He raised his mug and we all tapped them together.

"Is it legal to get engaged when you're still married?" Liam cut in.

It was Noel's turn to kick him now.

Instead of Kurt getting quiet and upset like I expected, he simply said,
"Don't remind me. I need to call my lawyer later to get updates on the proceedings."

"Good luck with it mate, she'll try and squeeze you for all you got." Noel said consolingly, patting his shoulder. Kurt pinched the bridge of his nose.

"I just want to be done with it and get away, man. Be over with it all for a while."

"Don't hang around with us then eh? We're just gettin' started with our rockstardom." Liam blurted out.

"You guys better come visit when you're touring in America then." Kurt smiled.

"That reminds me, when's our flight, Kurt?" I asked. He checked his watch.

"Two hours."

"We ought to get you two to the airport then. I'll give the others a kick so they can have their tea and say their goodbyes." Noel said, getting up.

I then got up to grab my shirt and went to go get changed.

"This better only be goodbye for now then eh, you lot?" I asked the lads, giving them all short hugs at the airport gate. "Don't think I'll be able to cope in America for very long with out some Brits there to keep me sane."

"O'course, E. We'll see you very soon when we're sellin' out stadiums." Liam wrapped his arm around my shoulders and messed with my already messy red hair. I swatted him away and pulled my bag over my shoulder.

"It was great meeting you guys, honestly. I'm with Ginger, we better see you soon. We still have to listen to my Beatles collection when you're in the US." Kurt added.

Kurt and Noel had a final one of those guy hugs before we headed to the ticket woman and went down the corridor to the plane.

"Safe flight!" I heard liam yell, and I waved at them all before we turned the corner.

"So, Kurt, what did you think?" I asked as we went to find our seats.

"You were right, Eff, they really did change my life. They're gonna change the world. I can see it."

I nodded, proud of myself.

"Also," he added, so I turned towards him as we sat down.

"The English are way cooler than Americans."

"You got that right." I said as we prepared for take off.

I was awoken by a jolt.

My nap was ended by fucking turbulence.

I was normally okay with flights. But turbulence scared the shit out of me, especially when we were supposed to be flying over the biggest fucking body of water on the planet. With a man who was supposed to be dead in 10 days when I'm trying to change that. I looked out of the window and we were surrounded by dark clouds.

I sharply turned to Kurt who was resting peacefully. How in God's name was he still asleep? My breathing quickened. What if he was already dead? What if the damned fate gods that sent me here decided it was a lost cause and just decided to give him a heart attack?

My heart was calmed a little bit when he shuffled in his sleep. Okay. Kurt's not dead yet. He's alright.

I pulled off my seatbelt and climbed over Kurt. I couldn't sit down like this, fuck. Once I was out on the aisle one of the flight attendants was starting to tell me to sit down, but when she saw the sheer fear in my eyes she paused.

"I need to go to the bathroom, please, I just need to splash water on my face."

She wordlessly pointed towards the bathroom and allowed me to pass her. I sped down the aisle to the loo and found myself in a more secluded area, what appeared to be the staff section with a pullover curtain. I yanked it shut when I spotted another figure in the corner.

"Oh, christ, sorry-" I began to quickly say between breaths when she put a finger over my lips.

"Shh." I looked up from her finger to her face.

I was too stunned to say anything.

"It's going to be okay Lizzie. I'm here."

Only my family called me Lizzy.

Her bright, grey blue eyes looked into mine.

"You need to sit down. Go sit. Go back to sleep. It's going to be okay."

My breathing slowed, and so did my heart.

I nodded silently.

She nodded back.

"You're so young." She said to me. Sadly.

"Now go."

My questions were left at the back of my throat.

I left the secluded area and walked back, sat down, and rested my head on Kurt's shoulder without making a sound.

I looked back to the mostly curtained off room and those blue eyes met mine one last time.

I fell straight into a dreamless, empty sleep.

-

The plot thickens! Thank you so much for 900 reads and almost 100 votes, I'm so happy people are enjoying the story, there's still so much to come!

(there are a couple edits in this chap to make it more spooooky)