Flight

We arrived at the airport at 10:30 on the 23rd of march for our ten hour flight to London with two backpacks full of clothes, cigarettes and lighters, along with the VIP concert tickets, plane tickets, passports and £500 in cash. I suggested we bring cash as I wasn't sure whether Courtney would cancel his card again, even if I had already significantly changed the course of events.

"You looking forward to this?" Kurt asked me.

"Fuck yes I am. I never got to see them back home and you cannot possibly conceive of how thrilled I am to have VIP tickets. V-I-Fucking-P!"

He laughed at my childlike excitement while we waited for the gate to open.

"How about you?" I asked gleefully.

"I have to say, for a band I've never heard of nor listened to, your hype is starting to rub off." He said affectionately.

"I can't believe I'm going to meet this band. Oh my God."

"you seem more excited to meet these guys than you were to meet Nirvana." He joked. I smacked his arm playfully before responding.

"That is a totally unfair comparison. I was trashed and confused as hell when I met you and your band thought I was a groupie manipulating you."

"Until you beat them at uno five times in a row. They seemed to respect you a bit more after that." We smiled at each other for a moment.

"I haven't been this happy with someone other than Frances in a long time. You make me feel normal." He suddenly said. That hit me right in the heart. Wow. I smiled at him softly.

"That's probably the lack of heroin in your system making you feel better." I joked, trying to ease the mood.

"No Ginger, really, I'm glad you're here. You're a normal person and treat me like a normal person. You're a regular person who doesn't treat me like a tragic junkie or a world famous rockstar, and I'm more grateful than you know for that."

I patted him on the shoulder gently, "Of course Kurt, you're a nice guy who deserves to be treated as such." I stroked his back, attempting to be soothing. We looked into each other's eyes for a moment before our gate opened. We got our passports and tickets out and walked down the corridor and onto the plane. As we only had cabin luggage we were one of the first on board and took our seats easily. I pulled a celeb gossip magazine out of the seat pocket in front of me and on the front cover was a photo of Courtney and Kurt with a tear edited between them. The headline was 'Celeb couple of the Century to split?', and seeing this I quickly jammed it back into the pocket next to the sick bag and the safety information before Kurt could see it. Yikes.

Kurt was busy flagging down one of the hostesses to get two whiskeys that arrived a little while after takeoff. He handed me one and we clinked the glasses together before drinking them. Settling into our seats.

"So this band sounds like the Beatles, but from Manchester, more rock and roll and far more confident. The confidence just oozes off of them because they just know that they're the best thing that's come from England since Abbey Road."

"Sounds interesting, I have to say." Kurt said snarkily. I ignored him. Nobody knows what hit them when they hear this band, no matter how much you prepare them.

"We should get some sleep. You're not gonna want to be tired tomorrow and feel like shit at the greatest concert you'll ever witness."

"That's a bold statement. But yeah, sleep sounds good."

We both shut our eyes and the whiskey helped us send us both to sleep in no time.

--

I woke up feeling like I was back in my comfortable bed back in London. Weren't we going to England? Why wasn't I there in the first place?

My eyes fluttered open when there was a gentle pressure on my shoulders. I lifted up my head only to realise I had been lying on someone who had their arm around me. I looked up and my eyes widened when saw Kurt Cobain. Oh yeah.

"Good morning Ginger." He smirked.

Instead of jumping away like most people would when they realised they were just sleeping on a technically-still-married man, I put my head back down.

"You're very comfortable to sleep on." I snuggled into his neck. Where was this ballsiness coming from Effy?

He laughed and I felt his chest rumble. God knows how sexy that was.

"Our flight's about to end Eff. You gotta put your seatbelt on."

I grumbled as I sat back up, expecting his arm to move back to his side. When it didn't, I raised an eyebrow at him questioningly.

"Dead arm." He smiled.

"Ah, that explains it then." I smiled back, faux innocently and fluttered my eyelashes. He chuckled again. Why did he have to have such a sexy laugh?

"I don't think I've slept that well since I got to America."

"I don't think I've ever heard someone say they slept well on a plane, so that's a first."

"Well, I was sleeping on you for most of it." He laughed again. I'm proud of that.

The flight landed without a hitch and soon enough we were outside London City Airport. We both lit up cigarettes.

"So Kurt, what first, food or sightseeing?"

~~

Double barrel chapter!! decided to bang out two in one day to avoid doing schoolwork. Hope you enjoyed! this was a cheesy flirting chapter, pure self indulgence I have to say. let me know what you think :)