Chapter 6: Chancellor Palpatine

"Take care of her, snips."
"I will skyguy. I promise."
"We will, sir."
"Thanks Rex. I owe you one."
"You owe us both a lot more than one skyguy." Anakin squeezed his padawan's shoulder then left to say goodbye to his wife.
"Are you sure you'll be ok, Padmé?"
"I'll be fine, Ani. I have your three most trusted friends looking out for me. You don't need to worry. Ashoka will contact you as soon as you think it's time. Ashoka has the entire ship decked out in medical supplies and he has three medical droids waiting to help me. I will be fine." She reached up around his neck and hugged him. Anakin but his hands on either side of her stomach.
"I love you." He kissed her forehead.
"I love you too." Padmé squeezed his hand, then walked into the ship where Obi Wan, Rex, and Ashoka were waiting. He kept eye contact with her as the door closed, then walked inside the senate building as they took off.
"Such a shame having to say goodbye to your loved ones." Anakin spun around.
"Chancellor Palpatine."
"I sense that you are troubled seeing Senator Amidala leave. I sense that you are worried for her safety, even her life."
"I've been having visions, Chancellor. Visions of Padmés death in childbirth."
"I see. Do you recall the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise?"
"Yes. The Sith Lord who could save the people he loved from dying."
"It is possible to learn this power. But not alone, join me. Learn the ways of the dark side and you can save Padmé."
"You're the Sith Lord. The one the Jedi have been looking for."
"Yes, young skywalker. I sense your confusion, your turmoil. And most of all, I sense your anger and your hatred toward me."
"I should report you, I should turn you in to the Jedi council."
"Yes but if you do so, you will never learn to save Padmé."
"I need to think, chancellor. I need time to make my decision."
"Oh of course my child. Take all the time you need, but make your decision before it is too late." Palpatine laughed an evil, croaking laugh. Anakin passed his former mentor and walked toward a speeder at the senate building landing platform. He had already made his decision. Padmé would tell him to trust the Jedi, to trust his masters. He couldn't turn to the dark side, Padmé would never forgive him.

"Master Windu, I believe that Chancellor Palpatine is a Sith Lord. The one we've been looking for." Anakin walked with Mace Windu to the Hangar.
"This is very disturbing news, young skywalker. If what you say is true, you have gained my trust."
"Master Windu, palpatine is stronger than we could have ever believed, you will need my help to defeat him."
"I will take a few Jedi with me, but I need you to stay here while I investigate this claim."
"As you wish, Master Windu."
"We've just gotten word that general grievous attacked a transport to Naboo carrying Senator Amidala."
"What? Is everyone safe?"
"Yes. General Kenobi managed to finally defeat General Greivous. It seems the war is finally coming to an end. I must go now and bring an end to the Sith."
"May the force be with you, master Windu." The man nodded and left the temple.

"He is too dangerous to be kept alive, Anakin." Mace Windu shouted as the lightning from chancellor palpatine struck his lightsaber.
"I'm too weak Anakin. Take pity on me. You need me to save Padmé."
"Don't listen to him Anakin!" Windu shouted over the crackling of the blue electricity. Anakin drew his lightsaber. He knew what had to be done. He saw fear in Mace Windu's eyes as he raised the saber and brought it down. Chancellor palpatine's head toppled to the floor. Master Windu fell onto his knees, panting.
"Thank you, Anakin. I see now that you are worthy of the rank of master. I was wrong to let my trust in you falter.
"I understand Master Windu." Anakin held out a hand and helped the Jedi master to his feet.
"I think we need to tell the galaxy about this monsters defeat." Anakin said, pulling up a communicater. He nodded to master Windu as he turned it on.
"The war is over. The Sith Lord who orchestrated the war is dead. Chancellor Palpatine, or as some might know him, Darth Sideous has been slain. The war can end, the fighting can stop, and all people, both separatist and republic, can finally have peace." Anakin shut off the hologram.
"Anakin, we need to head back to the Jedi Temple. There is a ranking that needs to happen before we can join the battle to finally defeat the separatist droid armies."

"Anakin skywalker, I, Mace Windu, Grant you the rank of Jedi Master."
"Thank you, master Windu." Anakin stood up and shook the hand of his fellow Jedi Master.