20

A/N Wrote this about two months ago and Dave semi-confirmed on Instagram on Sunday evening that something may be happening. So I maybe kind of foreshadowed and I am so excited....Anyway, enjoy the chapter and I hope chapter 19 wasn't triggering for anyone because I thought of that a couple of hours after posting.

She can't get her hands to stop shaking so she just frantically starts knocking on the door. It's opened by a man who she knew-from the In Your Dreams Documentary-Dave Stewert, and she cowers a little bit. 

"Um excuse me, I don't think you're allowed on the property." He looks her up and down as she starts crying.

"I...I h-have a key..." She holds up the keyring and Dave notices the shaking hand and then he finally registers the clinking ice in the McDonald's cup. 

"UGH STEVIE!" He calls. 

She appears moments late wiping her hand on a dishtowel. 

"Tori?" She asks.

"Momma." She sobs, Stevie's heart flutters but she quickly takes in the scene and Stevie pushes past Dave and takes her into her arms.

"What happ...baby your neck." She examines the bruising. "Dave I'm sorry, but I think you need to go."

"Yeah, I think so." Dave kisses her cheek and walks out of the house. 

"I didn't mean to interrupt your date." She sobs into her mother's shoulder. 

"No, he's married. We've been in talks to work together on a couple of projects this year. We were having a meeting. Karen's here and my friend Glen Parrish and Aunt Lori's here." Stevie explains rubbing her back. 

"Mommy, can I stay here for a while?" She cries.

"Of course what happened?" Stevie asks.

"Chad showed up at my apartment. He wants to stop paying his set alimony payment which is 100 dollars a month, which I mean it's not a lot to begin with but because he's getting married he only wants to pay me 50 dollars but that's what the judge chose and I told him no and he got angry." She explains. 

"Alright, okay...you don't have to tell me anymore. How did he find out where you lived?" Stevie rubs her back.

"He stole my file from LA Models." She sniffles.

"So he knows where you work. I don't want you going to work tomorrow without protection." Stevie shakes her head.

"But..." Tori starts.

"I'll take care of it. Come on, come in and eat and I'll make you some tea." She scrubs her back. 

"Okay." Tori sniffles. 

When they enter the kitchen where a wine bottle is being shared between the three women and two martinis are sat on the counter. 

"Steves where'd...Tori, what happened to your neck?" Karen questions.

Tori just looks down and shakes her head.

"Chad Cryderman happened to her neck," Stevie explains.

"Oh my god. He's here." Lori questions.

Tori just nods and Lori wraps her arms around her.

"I'm lost." Glen shakes his head. 

"Glen to you remember when Lori and I were pregnant?" Stevie asks.

"Yes, it was a shit show. Recording Street Angel was a disaster because there were two hormonal women." Glen rolls his eyes. 

"Well, this is my daughter Tori Paige Cryderman. Chad Cryderman is her ex-husband as you can see by the purple marks on her neck. He's not the nicest man. " Stevie smiles.