The Big Lie

HELLO AND WELCOME BACK TO THIS PREVIOUSLY DORMANT STORY!!!!

First off, I'd like to apologize for the wait—you guys have been so patient with me and I'd like to thank you for that there's just been a lot of things on my mind, including ideas that which if I didn't write them out, I would have literally been driven insane. You guys have been so kind though with your amount of interest which leads me to my next point:

HOLY SHIT 41K, WHAT THE FUCK??!!!??!?!?! THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!!?!?!

Never in the entirety of my life would I have ever imagined that this would be as popular as it is today. I'm just glad that I got to share my ideas with you all and your love for it makes it so much sweeter to write :)

I wanna give a final props to @skiwrld- for making this lovely new cover for me! I absolutely adoooore it and you are so talented so thank you!!!

Anyways, I won't keep you anymore. Here's the next chapter and I hope you enjoy! (PS: this is gonna include the preview I gave early on so I'm just gonna delete that after I publish this, m'kay?)

Pan grumbled as he trotted through the long, grassy fields. The sky was bright, baby blue with dainty little clouds painted about it, and the sun shone on the lake parallel and below the field he trekked, separates only by the small gap of height and the strew of boulders between them. The sun made each wave shimmer as it surfaced and also illuminated the colours of the various weeds, flowers, and long strands of grass of the plain. In the background, the chirping of bugs, birds, the skittering of other animals, as well as he sound of the grasses brushing against his trousers with every step he took. The atmosphere was light and amicable.

Pan hated it.

He really fucking hated it.

And it was not so much to do with the brightness and the colours and the shininess, but more so to do with the fact that it wasn't is comforting island—although admittedly, he brightness didn't help much with that notion either. Neverland dark throughout the day and only darker at night and he could barely bloody see where he was going in this town.

Oh and that was another thing; he was on the outskirts of a town.

But not just any town.

His hometown.

Pan grimaced again at the thought, struggling to swallow down his disgust and irritancy. Damn Hook—couldn't do one thing right. All he needed was for the buffoon to retrieve him some small, little rocks, just a few tiny, shiny pink stones that he needed for a special elixir that would heal his boys if they were sick; instead he got the stupid pirate coming back drunk and with one of his mates saying that he had some random broads on his ship.

Pan had remembered being thoroughly disgusted and having to quell the giggling of his boys who were present at the time of the news. He also remembered being chagrined by the fact that the idiotic pirate that relayed the information had failed to notice the nine-year old Lost Boy who had been listening to his words with an equal amount of horror as Pan himself, so he'd given the man hell for that—and hell came in the form of a bunch of bruises and a warning to never act so stupid in front of him again. Pan never did see the specific pirate afterwards...

Nevertheless, he was angry. He'd contemplated taking up Rufio's semi-sadistic idea of drowning the ship whilst Hook was having his...fun.... But he didn't; he should've known it was a mistake to send the pirate to a town of all places to retrieve his crap. He had no problem with the man hooking up with random girls or guys or whatever he was into these days, during his outings of retrieving things for Pan—but he didn't want the Harlots brought back to Neverland; and Hook's work was usually in dangerous or non-populated areas and he'd spent years alone on an island with only his moronic first mate and the other pirate imbeciles for company—Pan, he considered a boss, although Pan himself would prefer the term "business partners"; and they both agreed (Pan with much more glee towards the fact) that the Lost Boys were more antagonizers than anything else to the pirate and his crew—so being sent to a town infamous for its plentiful booze and many (to Pan's personal knowledge of the place) brothels was a disaster that Pan should've seen coming. So, reluctantly, he went himself because he really needed those ingredients.