Chapter 5 A New life Ahead

I was starting to feel an awful pain in my stomach again. "Why am I never able to enjoy myself on a peaceful stroll," I grunted to myself in frustration. I was beginning to reach an opening in the heavily forested pathway when I laid my eyes upon the same two men from earlier; only there were two other men with them as well.

I felt my heart sink to the bottom of my belly at the sight of the four men.

Well, there goes all of my pride.

Just as I was about to hit the ground, I fell through it. "You know, I really would appreciate it if you would show up a little earlier! Perhaps before I get murdered or even worse seen looking like This!" I shouted to the empty abyss which surrounded me.

Just as I finished throwing a tantrum, a hole opened up in the dark space and dropped me out.

"Momiji chan!" I heard a familiar voice shout. I looked to the direction that the voice came from and saw a very panicked Kisuke come running to me. "Where did you go!? I told you to wait in the lab! And look at you now, you're seriously going to die if you lose any more blood!"

"I-" "No don't speak or move," Kisuke san said as he picked me up and rushed me back to the lab where a purple-haired woman and a familiar young man with markings on his face waited. "Hibisuke, I'm going to need you to heal her again," Kisuke san asked the young man as he laid me down on familiar bedding.

"My word, how is she not dead yet?" The young man piped as he rushed to my side and emitted a weird glow from his hands. "Miji chan, you really need to be more careful," He said as he looked into my eyes.

"Miji chan? Do we know each other?" I asked, curious about this nickname he gave me. "Ah, right, you probably don't remember yet. We met a long time ago when you were a small little girl. You came here when you got that scar on your stomach." As he explained, images flashed into my head, slowly reminded me of my dream.

"Oh, weren't you the boy who carried me over your should and swung me around?" His face sunk with disappointment. "Hahahahaha," The woman with purple hair burst into laughter. "That sounds about right! Leave it to Hibisuke to be remembered only for his lack of consideration and brutish attitude." She exclaimed, finding humor in the situation.

He gave her a childish pout in reply to her words before looking back to me. " Is that truly all you remember about me, Miji chan?" He sounded quite heartbroken as he asked me. "Ah, um... I'm sorry," I tried thinking of something to make up, but I was a terrible liar.

The young man became silent after that and quietly healed my wounds as Kisuke san, and the purple-haired lady watched. They seemed to be talking about something, but I couldn't hear what they were saying.

Once I was all better, Kisuke san walked up to me and spoke up. "Now that your wound is closed up, I want you to get some rest. And then, when you wake up, I want you to tell me what you were doing. After that, we will talk about your abilities."

I really didn't want to go to sleep; I was too restless. But I guess I had no room to argue since I had brought upon all of this trouble to poor Kisuke san. "Alright," I replied in a soft voice. He gave me a warm smile and thanked me before walking off with the others.

I rolled to my side and watched the sun slowly set as I drifted off to sleep, thus ending a long day of chaos and excitement.

The Following Day

"Still, you persist in defying me. If that is the path you choose, then I will wait for you."

I shot up with a burning sensation on my leg where my second scar was. I ripped off the covers to find the scar had grown deeper. I hissed through my teeth in pain as I felt my skin splitting and burning at the surface. Just as the pain went down, I flopped back onto my bedding and tried to catch up on my breath.