Chapter 9: A Night Out With The Captains

I made my way to the showers quickly, luckily the shower room could be spotted easily, so my astounding lack of direction didn't get in the way. I ran into the women's side and sat my fresh change of clothes that Yoruichi san gave me, on a bench before undressing myself.

I sat on a bucket that was turned upside down and filled up a small water basin before dousing myself and scrubbing my sweaty body with a soapy rag. After I sudsed myself up really good, I grabbed the water basin and doused myself a second time to wash off all of the soapy lather. I filled the basin back up again and gave my hair a good rinsed with one hand as I used the other to gently pour the water onto my head to make sure I got every ounce of soap out.

Finally, once that laborious process was over, I quickly got up to dry myself before getting dressed in my spare change of clothes. I paid extra attention to what I was doing to ensure I would never have to relive those previous events again. I wrapped my chest in bandages to hold my cleavage in place and proceeded to slip on my undergarments before dressing myself with the black hakama and haori. After I tied on my plain white sash, I took a deep breath and prepared myself for the upcoming challenge I'd have to face.

I stepped out onto the walkways of Squad 12's barracks and made my way to Kisuke's lab, which I thought was just to the left of the showers. Which wasn't entirely wrong per se, I was just missing an additional left in my poorly constructed mental map. It wasn't until I had found myself in front of Squad 3's showers that I realized I had no idea where I was going.

Ok, Momiji, you have made a fool of yourself once again, and it looks like you have three choices: One, stay here and wait for someone to find you, two, try and find your way back, or three, look for the nearest most dependable looking person and ask for assistance like the helpless toddler you are. Hmmm, I'd prefer not to make a further fool of myself, and honestly, as humiliating option three sounds, I do not want to stand here and wait, so option one is out as well.

After finishing my little debate with myself, I marched off to find help. And as lady luck would have it, I found a captain of all people, standing around and humming a tune to himself. Surely if anyone were to know where three captains were planning on hanging out, it would be another captain, right?

Oh, but my goodness, was he gorgeous. He had some of the most beautiful golden hair I'd ever seen, and his face, oh his precious face. Only angels could be responsible for such an exquisite work of art.

So far, all of the men here have been exceptionally stunning, and it has brought me to the conclusion that without a doubt, this was a woman's heaven.

"Excuse me, madam, are you alright?" I snapped out of my trance and realized I had been caught gawking at the poor man. How shameful of me. "Oh, yes, I am quite well, sorry. I got a little lost in my thoughts, I hope you'll excuse my rude behavior." I bowed hastily and returned to my straight posture. "It is no problem at all, my dear, was there anything you needed?" The stunning captain of what looked to be the third division replied with his angelic voice.

"O-oh, yes, yes, now that you mention it, I do need some help. I'm currently trying to find where my older brother is meeting the captains of the 8th and 12th division, and I was hoping that maybe you or someone you knew could assist me if you wouldn't mind that is." I couldn't help but lower my voice in embarrassment towards the end of my request.

I honestly don't know how I was expecting the captain to react, but his bright and warm smile was definitely not it. He nodded and held his arm out for me to lock mine with. What a gentleman.

"I heard that those two were meeting with the new captain at Kineya. I didn't know that he had a sister, but looking at you right now, I can't deny that there is an uncanny resemblance between the both of you. Oh, by the way, I am Captain Rōjūrō Otoribashi of the 3rd division, but you may call me Rose if you wish."