Chapter 7: Flying Off To Reach Higher Endeavors

I would prefer that you do not make further advances in contacting or remembering him, child. You've played unfairly enough after you took your brother's lives. Don't you agree?

A few minutes later

I felt my consciousness recover after feeling my body being moved. My eyelids fluttered open, and I saw a blurred image of the silver-haired man from before. Once my vision recovered fully, I got a better look at the man who was now observing my leg along with Hibisuke san. Going off of what Hibisuke san told me about the captains, this man's appearance fits the description of Kensei Muguruma, Captain of the 9th division.

After I identified him, I looked around to find out where I was. It looked like some sort of office. "Oi oi oi, can't you do something about her leg?"

I heard the captain bug Hibisuke san. "I'm not sure. These markings on her have some sort of protective aura surrounding them," He replied, sounding an octave deeper again.

"Well, what're you waiting for?! Give it try!" The captain bellowed at Hibisuke san, who then gave out a sigh and hovered his hands over my right leg. I couldn't see anything, but I felt a warmth that spread across my leg. That is until I felt the burning sensation startup as the etchings tore deeper and warped not only my flesh but my muscles as well now.

I couldn't contain the shrieks of agony that forced their way out from my lungs. My body acted of its own accord and writhed at the detestable impression that grew deeper into my body. The captain took quick notice of my body's behavior and shouted at Hibisuke san to stop.

But it looked like he couldn't, and I think I understood why. I felt his energy was being forced out and eaten by my own. Kensei then proceeded to tear Hibisuke san away from me, and the two went tumbling back from the force of my reiatsu.

"Crap, what the hell was that?!" Captain Kensei shouted as Hibisuke san grunted in pain.

I felt the foreign reiatsu that surrounded the etchings begin to subside as a black substance wrapped around my leg. The pain faded, and control over my body was returned to me. I sat up and looked at the black substance as I tried to settle my breathing. It absorbed all light that hit it, which left my leg looking like it had been cut out of existence.

I snapped out of my daze when the door violently slid open. Captain Kensei's shouting came to a halt, and I turned my head around only to meet Kisuke san's worried gaze.

"Usagi chan, what happened?" His words came out in a strained huff as he made his way over to me. When his gaze moved to my leg, his face stretched out into an expression of shock. He looked like he was about to speak when suddenly the black substance disappeared, leaving the sight of my mangled leg behind.

"Usa... your leg." Kisuke san's expression was one I couldn't fully understand at the moment.

Kisuke san grabbed my left pant leg and was about to pull it down when a girl with green hair came running in.

"Kensei what's goi-" The girl stopped her shouting when she laid eyes on me and Kisuke san. "Oh my goodness, Kensei, you're a pervert! I can't believe you'd have these people come to your office to watch them do the deed!" The girl's words caused all three of the men's' faces to turn a pink hue.

"What the hell is wrong with you, Mashiro?! Get your head out of the gutters! I would do no such thing!" Captain Kensei bellowed as he chased the green hair girl, who then ran off.

I honestly had no idea what was going on, but my state of confusion was quickly rid of as Kisuke san spoke. "My my that was quite the embarrassing mixup. Well, in any case, I think it is best that we bring you back to the lab to rest." And with that, Kisuke san picked me up and held me close before he and Hibisuke san disappeared from the premises.