6. Directions

(I could not stop laughing at the pic at the top. Idk why)

Peter helped Rachel make the pancakes; she poured the batter and he sprinkled the chocolate chips on top.

At some point, either the alluring smell of a freshly baked breakfast or the frequent ringing out of laughter brought Emma to the kitchen as well.

They all sat down together to eat their pancakes in the living room with the news on in the background. Peter had to admit, these were some of the best pancakes he'd ever had.

He felt really calm.

The early morning sun streamed in through the windows, enveloping the area in a warm, delicate blanket of light.

The friendly conversation between the three only added to the happy atmosphere. He wouldn't go as far as to say he felt at home yet, but Peter definitely thought he was gonna like it here.

He just wished May could be here, too.

His sadness must have quieted him, because after a minute lost to his thoughts he looked up to see everyone tuning in to the news. Nothing was out of the ordinary, but Peter hated watching it. It caused guilt to boil up inside him as he heard about people he could have helped. People he should have helped.

And then they addressed his absence. He had been gone for almost two weeks, and the city was starting to worry he had gone for good. He was surprised it only took two weeks (can't a guy catch a break?), but he was ashamed nonetheless.

Maybe he shouldn't have taken this time off. He knew it would've been near impossible for him to focus, but he could have tried, right? Well, he had plans to go on patrol tonight. He'd just have to make up for it then. No use dwelling on the past. Just work on the things you can change.

"Wonder where he went..." Emma thought out loud, eyes still trained on the screen in front of her.

"I'm sure he'll be back." Rachel replied.

"Yeah, I was just surprised is all. It's the first time he's left."

"Are you a Spiderman fan or something?" Peter asked unsurely, not wanting to sound too forced. He didn't want to stay quiet either; they might think he was depressed (which wasn't really untrue, but he didn't want them knowing that).

"You could say that," Rachel started. "He stopped a bus from falling once, and Emma was on it."

"Oh."

"Do you like him?" Emma asked him.

"Um... yeah, he's cool. Personally I'm an Ironman fan, though."

"I approve of that," Emma said with a smile, throwing Peter a quick glance. "Stark is cool. But my opinion is better."

Peter laughed, both at the irony and the comment. 

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Tony wasn't having a great day. In fact, it had been rather terrible so far. First, he'd had 2 last minute meetings come up in an already packed schedule. Then, Clint nullified the Truce treaty that the team had signed to put an end to the prank wars. He proceeded to pelt Tony with a paintball gun, and escape into those damn vents again.

After that, Tony decided to go sit down in the common room to cool off. Unfortunately, news of the treaty had spread, and he walked in to find the furniture wrapped in wrapping paper. All of it. Or at least, that's what he thought. Tony went over to plop down on the couch, but the wrapping paper collapsed under him and he fell to the ground. Someone had expertly removed all of the furniture and created exact wrapping paper replicas.