9. idk some stuff happens

I'm baaaack! This chapter is extra long to make up for my absence. Just a warning, I wrote half of this like a month ago and I didn't bother to read it. Sorry for any mistakes or weird stuff.

After browsing around and buying a few things, Ned and Peter said goodbye to Brian and left the store.

They made their way down the street and took a side road that led them to the junkyard. For some reason, people threw all kinds of old devices and instruments they deemed obsolete there. To most, it was an inconvenient accumulation of useless junk. Hence the term "junkyard." For Ned and Peter, though, it was a treasure trove.

They had found all sorts of hidden gems there in the past, and it did not let them down this time, either.

After finding a bunch of usable parts for a computer, as well as a few other things (including an old Wii and some beat up remotes), they were on their way.

Conveniently, they had also found an old, little wagon which Ned dragged along behind him like it was a ton of bricks (it wasn't very heavy...).

"Uugghh, Peter can't you pull the wagon? You're the one with super strength," Ned complained bitterly while Peter bobbed along drowsily beside him.

"I guess I could... but what if we're attacked? I should probably stay mobile so I can protect you," Peter countered sarcastically.

"Mmmm, nah. I wouldn't ask you to do that for me. I'll protect you while you pull the wagon."

"Please Ned, I do this all the time! It's really no bother at all."

"I insist. I'll take a turn protecting you for once." Ned continued, pushing the handle towards Peter.

With a sigh, Peter grabbed the handle from Ned.

"Fine, but if we die, it's on you," He replied with a small laugh. Ned cheered in victory.

After a while, the two came across a cluster of old buildings that were nearly falling apart from years of neglect. After surveying their options, they settled on a factory with multiple floors. It was like a maze on the inside, but they figured it would make their base harder to find.

After wandering aimlessly through the hallways, they found a suitable room. It was large without feeling empty, and hard enough to find that they felt safe setting up.

Ned got to work fixing up some of the old tech they had picked out, and Peter went around the room searching for outlets. He managed to find six of them.

After about an hour, they got their new (well, new for them) computer up and working.

They were rather surprised that the outlets even worked, but grateful nonetheless.

Then, they spent the rest of their time laying traps throughout the building. Nothing that could seriously injure someone, but enough to make them stay away.

"Peter, we can't have a home alone montage thing without music. We need a speaker system." Ned shouted to Peter from down the hallway.

"I really doubt that we would have the capability, and much less the licensing, required to do that." Peter replied, walking towards Ned after finishing up a trap.

"Do we have the ability or licensing to do any of this?"

"Fair point, but still. If there's a control room somewhere and there's a speaker system already installed, we can probably figure something out, but I really doubt there is."

"Well that looks like a speaker to me," Ned said with a smug grin, pointing to a *very obvious* speaker on the ceiling. "And I've seen quite a few of those."