Chapter 5

Y/n picked her phone back up, preparing to put back on her act, knowing it might be the only way she could get her chance, putting a smirk on her face and calling the number she knew heart at this point

***

"Need me so soon? You just left."

The moment he hears your voice in the line and he almost forgets to breathe. Your voice was seductive and teasing, he wished hoe you'd greet him with a 'hello', the smirk in your voice being replaced with a smile.

One day...maybe...soon.

He takes a deep breath, finally letting out a quiet "hey". He could picture you on the other end, twirling your hair, a smirk pulling at your lips.

"Can we try something new tonight?" He finally made out.

"I'm always up for something new, you know that"

The old Damien would've smirked, gave you a time and ended the call, but not this time.

"No, not like that. Tonight, how about we just...talk."

He ran his fingers through his hair, waiting for a response that didn't seem to be coming.

He said he wanted to just talk, but both you and him knew that the two of you weren't every good at talking. You were good at soft whimpers and loud moans, each other's names being the only things that left your lips. Talking wasn't a very strong part in the dysfunctional relationship that the two of you shared.

Damien held his breath, still waiting for your reply. You had been silent for too long, maybe his heart rate throwing him off, anxiety creeping into his system.

He wanted you, and not the way he usually did.

He wanted you in the mornings, he wanted you in the evenings, and late at night. He wanted to hold your hand, to hold you tight. He wanted to have lazy days with you on the couch, and spontaneous trips to places that you had no idea you were headed to. He wanted to cook miserably for you to just to have you offer to order a pizza as you kiss him for being thoughtful.

It wasn't his usual craving that he had towards you, but there was no denying that he wanted you, he was just afraid that you wouldn't want him in the same way.

He finally let out his held breath as he finally hears your voice from the other end of the phone.

"That sounds great...I wanted to talk to you too."

There's no smirk in your voice, the seductive tone disappearing, no mischievous words pulling him in. There was something new, something that he never heard in your voice before: hope. Maybe he's dreaming, maybe he was just hearing what he wanted to hear, but he had to take the change.

You two set a time, but it's not in the early hours of the morning like it usually was. The conservation ended with something different, the words still lingering between the two, not the abrupt, quick push of the end call button that the two of you usually had. When the line finally ended Damien fell back to his bed, his heart beating even faster that it had when he first called you. There was still anxiety and adrenaline running through him, but the gloom that shrouded his system was replaced with blooms of hope, a smile spreading on his face with the thoughts of what could be.

He tried to decode your every word, the rise and fall in your tone and tried to picture you on the other line. You biting your lip as you nervously says your words, a touch of hesitance that he's never heard towards him before.

Your words echoed in his head, "I wanted to talk to you too, actually" he couldn't believe what he heard, he couldn't help but to smile as he thought that you could want him the same way that he wanted you.

He wanted to believe so much that you were planning on telling him the same thing that he was planning to tell you...that you too wanted something more.

Hope blooms in his chest, it was likely. The tone of your voice, the slight change in your tone, it wasn't too far fetched anymore. He wasn't sure, though.

Damien knew every dip and curve in your body, every freckle, every scar, he knew your touch and how your breath felt on his skin. He knew how your body moved and very noise you could make...but he didn't know you.

Soon, he hoped. Soon he hoped that he would be able to discover a whole new universe of you, what you've kept from him being even more beautiful that the parts that he's already explored.