Faith, Thunder, And Justice | Riley Stark

╔══════════════════╗

GLORY DAYS
FAITH, THUNDER, AND JUSTICE

╚══════════════════╝

synopsis. In which 14-year-old Riley O'Dair trains with Captain America and the God of Thunder

timeline. Pre-Age of Ultron

○ ○ ○

  LET IT BE KNOWN: Valor was a hero you didn't want to mess with

  LET IT BE KNOWN: Valor was a hero you didn't want to mess with. Born as the child prodigy to a pair of incredible scientists, raised by S.H.I.E.L.D., and trained by Black Widow, Riley O'Dair was destined for greatness. She had overcome her enemies countless times. Anyone who bothered trying to challenge her was likely to lose.

  Well, anyone but two.

  Thud! Riley landed on the training mat with a pained grimace. "This is so... unfair!" she cried out.

  Steve Rogers stood just a few feet away, an amused smile on his lips, hands resting on his hips. "You sure you don't want us to go a little easier on you?"

  She scoffed, pushing herself so that she was leaning on her arms. "No way, Iced Cappucino."

  "I mean this in the least offensive way, Val," chimed in Thor as he walked forward, chuckling, "but we're kicking your ass."

  Riley rolled her eyes. "So!?" she retorted, pushing herself onto her feet again. The 14-year-old folded her arms across her chest. "It's not my fault both of you are cheaters!"

  A few weeks ago, the Avengers were reunited for the first time in years to track down Loki's scepter, which had been stolen by HYDRA after they successfully infiltrated and overthrew S.H.I.E.L.D. While they actively tracked down the scepter, Riley took it upon herself to request two of her friends, Thor and Steve, to train with her in their downtime. They were some of the strongest, most experienced members on the team, so Riley felt like she could learn a lot from them.

  Besides, how bad could it be? It was just training.

  That was what Riley thought before she proceeded to get her ass handed to her only a dozen times.

  Steve and Thor exchanged curious glances, eyebrows raised. "Do you think we're cheaters, Thor?" asked the former.

  Thor pursed his lips. "Mm, I don't think so, Steve."

  "I'm serious!" she exclaimed, exasperated. "You guys are, like, 10 feet tall! That's cheating!" When the two men broke out in chuckles, Riley pouted and whined, "Guys!"

  "Your height isn't a handicap, Riley," Steve insisted with a laugh.

  "Uh, I object!"