A witch's purpose

The I felt a sharp pain in my side. A clear sign that my adversary. I tried to activate my afterburners but nothing. The ground closed in fast. I then felt the tug of my parachute deploy.

When I was on the ground I heard a familiar voice. He said that if I ever wanted to make it here I would have to get better at my mana control. I worked and worked and worked. Failed and got right to it.

Finally I was accepted. In my first year I took part in the war games with Britannia. It was interesting to see how their Gen 4 striker units compared with our gen 4  and Gen 5 units. For each one of our that they got we got two of theirs. It did seem a bit unfair three of our had Gen 5 units while Britannia had none.

During the time off from the war games I would go and hang out with the witch's from Britannia. If I remember their names were Trig, Holo, Maya, Mimi, Lilith, Lilly, and Myuri.

Ttig had a hard outer shell, but she had a good heart and cared for all of them. Trig was also a red Fox faunus. Holo as probably the sleepiest one out of all of them but when ever she was not training or out on patrol or sleeping she was eating, she was a red fox faunus.

Maya was the prankster of the group and also the one reason why I started to lock my dresser,  she was a black cat faunus. Mimi was probably the most self entitled one in the group and was Maya's older sister, she was also a black cat faunus.

Lilith, she was the reason why I locked my door and window. She tried to sleep with the nine warlocks that came with us, she was also the second most formidable opponent, she was a corgi faunus.

Lilly, she was super shy. In combat she was nearly impossible to hit. In hand to hand combat she was hard to land a blow. She had also master the ability to hover without her striker unit. But she had a hard past, one she never told them or me. She was a black fox faunus.

Myuri was the hardest to fight. She was small and young. She had been found at the door step of the academy. She preferred to keep the enemies at range. She was always running around with Maya pranking the others. She was a Arctic fox.

It was only while I was with them did I truly learn a witch's purpose. We are expected to fly straight into a wall of enemy fire. Buy time for the destroyer's to get in strike range. We are not supposed to live or die only fight. We fight and die, few go down in history others become unsung. Most of the actions are forgotten.

Something Holo had once said still haunts me

We are fighting a unsung war, our actions and names will only be memorialize in records. Our soul perpose is just to fight and die. To buy time for others. That is our only perpose.