KIYOSHI comfort

You stared at your boyfriend, he was leaning against you. Silent sobs shook through his entire body. His head was bowed and the tall, broad boy seemed smaller; seemed to be slowly falling in on himself. You nuzzled your face in his neck, no - you didn't want Kiyoshi to implode. Not if you could help it.

You traced slow circles on his hand and whispered soothing nothingness. His tears did not well, his sobs did not slow. Cursing inwardly at your inability to help, to DO something, you rested your face against his cheek, trying to get him to open up, to shoulder the pain, to let you in. Suddenly Kiyoshi fell back on the bed and you crawled onto his chest. The two of you lay there for a long time, Kiyoshi's shirt dampened from your tears.

A long time passed before he spoke and you held back a sigh of relief once you were assured he hadn't gone completely mute. "They.. They." Kiyoshi started and stopped, but you didn't urge him on, didn't pressure him into anything, just stroked his chest and hair gently. "They were my everything. I have so much to thank you for. But I can't. I never can. Grandpa. Grandma!" His voice broke.

You clutched him and buried your face, trying to become a part of him, so you could always be there for him. Kiyoshi spoke up again. "If it weren't for them, I wouldn't have gone to Seiren, wouldn't have formed the basketball team. Wouldn't have met you."

The two of you welled into silence. At this point you decided you had been silent long enough, quietly, your voice muffled by his chest, "I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love. Love. Love." And on and on you went.

Kiyoshi lifted you up off him and cupped your cheek, stroking your cheek affectionately. You looked into his eyes, there was an intensity foreign to you but you didn't break his gaze. Abruptly Kiyoshi grabbed your wrists and looked into your eyes with that same intense, desperate look in his eyes. "[name]. You're all I have left, all I have left. I love you. I need you. I will not betray you. Only you understand my pain, my uncertainty. And I, you."

-------

zuzuezgi9, here you go. I hope this is what you wanted and you like it. I really need to improve my angst ://

Oh and I wonder if anyone gets the Uraboku reference at the end there that I really couldn't resist. [Betrayal is my name] - great anime 😍