Chapter 11

Yoongi led you into the back of a black car, one of Bighit's many. A short ride later, you were stopped in front of a fancy seafood restaurant. Looking down at your simple black sundress, you weren't sure if you were dressed properly for this place.

Yoongi had apparently reserved the special table out on the balcony for you. It was just barely evening, and the heat of the day had disappeared, leaving behind only a gentle breeze that rustled your h/c locks as it swept past. Over the railing, you could see the street down below slowly clearing up until only a few stragglers were left walking by.

Once you had ordered and the waiter had taken your menus, you pulled out your notebook.

"This is nice and all, but why so fancy all of a sudden?" you asked.

"I felt bad, I guess. Dating an idol has to be hard and you've been taking it really well. Plus, I've never taken you out on a real date," Yoongi explained with a small smile. You accepted that answer with a short nod.

Dinner was definitely the fanciest you had ever had, living on a teacher's salary and all. Not that you had to, but it was what you preferred.

After dinner, Yoongi took you on a short walk through the city and you ended up on a boardwalk by the edge of the river. He bought the two of you ice cream, despite your protests that you could buy your own food. You took f/f while he took chocolate oreo, though you're pretty sure he would have taken lamb skewer flavor if it was a choice.

It was almost dark when you stopped your stroll, ice cream long gone, and sat down on a bench by the water.

"Did you have a good time today?" Yoongi asked, sounding a little nervous as you looked out onto the river. You nodded and smiled to reassure him.

"It was fun, but a little too much for me. I kind of prefer our movie nights," you wrote back. He read your note and chuckled.

"Yeah, this is a little too much for me too. To be honest, I didn't really plan this myself. I did feel bad, but it was Hoseok and Taehyung who insisted I take you out on a date. Taehyung told me that girls love romantic dates and he, Jimin, and Jungkook sort of planned this out for me. I had no idea what to do, I'm not really a romantic person. Jungkook told me to take you on a walk and Jimin insisted on the flower. Namjoon picked out a nice place to eat and Seokjin-hyung was just upset he wasn't an option for nice place to eat," Yoongi explained.

"That makes a lot of sense now. You would never have done this on your own. You know what I like. You know that my favorite flower is the dahlia, not lilies. And you know that I prefer Italian over seafood. And you especially know that I despise exercise. Plus, I'm not exactly a romantic type person either," you wrote back to him.

"I thought you might have figured it out. You're so smart. But there is another reason I brought you out tonight. I want to show you something," he said. You turned to look at Yoongi, who appeared to be extremely nervous at this point.

"I love you," he said. No, not said. Signed. Yoongi signed it to you. A smile lit up your face and you signed it back to him with glee. Yoongi's face lit up as well and you might have kissed him then and there if it wasn't for the face mask and being out in public.

You reached for your notebook, when Yoongi pushed your hand away from it.

"You don't need that anymore. Not with me, at least. I might have lied about being to busy to learn sign language. I wanted to surprise you. I can understand most phrases if you sign a little slowly and you might have to fingerspell a few words and I know it's not perfect but-" You interrupted his rambling with a finger on his lips.

"I don't care if it's not perfect. You're perfect," you signed. Yoongi cheeks dusted with pink and his eyes crinkled into a telltale smile.

"Let's go home. There's something I want to do and I can't do it out here," Yoongi said. It was your turn to blush as you took his hand and let him take you back your apartment where you were going to have the make-out session of your life.