Chapter 5

"Wait, so let me get this straight," Vinnie says, spooning more ice cream into his mouth. We just pulled out a second container of ice cream after going through the first one within minutes. "You punched him, he still wouldn't let you leave, and then you kneed his jewels?" I nod proudly. "Harper, you are my fucking idol!"

"Harp, I can't believe you did that," Molly sighs, but even she's sporting a grin. "Does Kaitlyn know?"

"Kaitlyn left with Daxton," I tease. "I haven't seen her since."

"I'm inviting them both over here. I want to meet him, and you know she's going to want to hear this," Molly says, shaking her head like she's disappointed in me. Knowing Molly as well as I do, she's a mixture of disappointed and completely baffled (in the best way possible). Her eyes glaze over she mind links Kaitlyn, and I turn my attention back to Vinnie and Thay.

"Shots?" I ask, and I'm met with vigorous nods. I get up from the table and grab the bottle that's already on the counter. The shot glasses are out as well, still not put away from last night. I grab them and sit back down at the table, pouring four glasses.

I down mine quickly and pour myself another. I want to forget about what happened tonight for the time being while my anger is still in the danger zone. I might still be pissed tomorrow, but less pissed than I am now.

"Kaitlyn and Daxton are on their way," Molly says, quickly throwing back her shot. She makes a face, but doesn't say anything.

"Fantastic," I grin, pouring myself another shot.

Vinnie and Thay are trying to keep up with me, and they're failing. Molly doesn't even try.

The front door barges open, and Kaitlyn yells, "Harp, what the fuck happened?" Her and Daxton come barreling into the kitchen. One sniff is all it takes to tell that they completed the mating process. I knew it.

"Oh, shots!" she says distractedly. She grabs two more shot glasses from the counter, pours the alcohol into both, and downs one as she hands the other one to Daxton. "Oh, Dax, these are my best friends. You already met Harper, and that's Thay, Vinnie, and Molly. Guys, this is Dax."

He downs his shot, grins, and says, "Nice to meet you all."

"Okay, Harp, what happened. Molly said you met your mate!"

"I did," I grin. I pour another shot down my throat. I can't remember if it's my eighth or ninth one, but I don't care. With all the perks of being a werewolf, it's nearly impossible to get alcohol poisoning no matter how much we drink. I'm starting to feel the affects of the alcohol kicking into my system, though.

"And?" Kaitlyn says, pouring another shot for her and Dax.

"He wouldn't stop calling my sweetheart, he's an ass of an alpha, and I kneed him in the crotch because he wouldn't let me leave."

"Damn," Kaitlyn grins proudly. "That a girl."

Dax looks confused, so I explain, "I don't want a mate. Never have, never will. I got Thay right here."

I'm too drunk to notice or care that he still looks a little confused. "Let's play Never Have I Ever," I say, raising my shot glass with a lazy smirk. There's a chorus of agreement. Kaitlyn sits down in her chair at the table and Dax pulls up one of the stools from the island. Vinnie clumsily pours everyone a shot, and I think more of it ends up on the table than in our glasses.

"Who's first?" Kaitlyn asks as we all hold up ten fingers.

"Me," Thay grins, and I don't like how evil it looks. "Never have I ever met my mate."