Chapter 5: Friends and Acquaintances

Quick note: There might be a little too few dialogue changes from the last chapters since I don't bother on fixing it.
----------------------------------------------

Somewhere in Beacon hallway

After Ozpin's brief speech, the students were free to explore the rest of the academy until they were told to arrive at the ballroom at 6 pm where they will stay in for the night.

As for the German, he took a short visit to his temporary room where all of his stuff was. He admitted that he'll miss the room, even though it is not that great than the other dorms.

Opening the door, he met with a familiar face. It was Glynda and she had already packed his stuff on a bag, filled with all of his clothes, Weapons, and the supplies in the crate. 

"You showed up early," Glynda spoke first while handing him over the bag. Hartmann was about to say something, but Glynda already knew. ", and yes I fill in all your stuff in that bag."

Opening the bag, Hartmann saw his uniform inside of it. What surprised him is that they were all neat, clean, and tidy. He thinks that Glynda might of done it too.

"Thank you, Ms. Goodwitch." He thanked. Forming a smile to the middle-aged woman.

"Now run along, you still need to gather with the first years in the ballroom. I already prepared sleeping bags including one for you. I still have many things to do." She said with her usual mood expression.

Without any words, Hartmann stepped outside and let her pass. He then adjusted his bag on to his shoulder, after closing the bag with the zipper. All of his stuff ready, he walked down the halls and made his way to the Ballroom.

The halls were a little quiet, only a few students walking down the hallway, mostly second years. He made sure none of his items slipped off from the bag and continued walking to the ballroom.

The sky was getting a little dark. Hartmann checks the time on his scroll, which is at 5 in the afternoon. He decided to go to the locker room and put down all his stuff.

Few minutes later
It wasn't a long walk, but Hartmann made it to the locker area. There were thousands of lockers with different numbers on them. The first years, including him, felt free to choose which locker they want to put down all of their stuff.

Lots of lockers to choose from, but Hartmann just gonna go with the flow and pick a random locker to put his stuff in.

Eventually, Hartmann made it to a locker with the numbers #420. He thought those 3 numbers can be easy to remember in his brain. He would have gone for the simple ones like #001 or #100, but they were either far away or are already taken.

Without any more thoughts, he put his bag, his weapons, and his uniforms inside the locker. The last thing was his grey hat on his head. He had some history with it, even wearing it while joining the tank crew. It may look old, but he'll keep it till the very end of his life.

Hartmann takes off the hat, leaving his brown short hair exposed, and safely put in the locker on the very front. He shares a smile with it, despite it not having a mouth and then he closed the locker. 

The only stuff he didn't put in was some spare clothes and his scroll. He'll plan on changing after this and maybe tinker with the scroll a little if he gets bored. 

Hartmann hears another locker opened up next to his right. Turning to said direction, he saw another one of the students a few feet back from his locker. He didn't get a good look at what their appearance are until they close the locker.