Chapter 8: Conflicts

Finally...after months of hiatus, i finally made the chapter. I spent days and weeks thinking of the plot, character interactions and even rewrite the scenes from before. 

Hope it was all worth it in the end.

Quick note: I'll be using some scenes from Bunta kinami's RWBY manga (And other mangas), which was pretty good. I suggest to check it out so you can understand the scenes.

Anyway, enjoy.
-------------------

Oobleck's class, two months later

A few months passed after the first years enrolled the academy. Some of the students we knew are now taking part of Dr. Oobleck's class. His class is all about the history of remnant and it is very very important to learn about them, unless you want to repeat it.

The students we knew that are in oobleck's class were Weiss, Blake, Pyrrha, Jaune, Russel, Dove, and Hartmann. 2 members from each team and the specialist.

Oobleck paced around his desk while teaching the students one of the topics of remnant's history; The Faunus.

"Faunus." He said. "Though disparaged as some by Beastmen or half breeds individuals. With a single animal trait are known by the umbrella term of Faunus."

"There was once a great war between the Faunus and the Humans. A war that led the terrible loses on both sides." Oobleck explained. "And with that history guiding us, we now live in a society where humans and Faunus alike are treated as people who can coexist peaceably. Still the gulf has not yet been entirely bridged."

The class took notes of the doctor's explanation, except for Jaune, whom had fell asleep with his head resting on his hands. It's amazing he didn't get caught yet, even when sitting on the front row.

"Can anyone tell me what organization demonstrates this best?" The green-haired professor asked the class, while flicking his glasses. "Anyone...?"

"I do, sir." Oobleck heard Pyrrha's voice and turned to the student, which the she had stood up from her seat. "It's the White Fang." She answered.

"Correct! Well done, Ms. Nikos. Now, can you explain for us the White fang's goals and the issues that have arisen around them?"

Pyrrha inhales. "Well...The white fang's main goal was to address the widespread discrimination experienced by Faunus in society through peaceful means, like debate and negotiation. But five years ago, a change in leadership led to a change in their methods. They started stealing dust. Smuggling it, dealing on the black market, even kidnapping or murder, which became a part of their radical agenda."

She stopped a bit to clear her voice. "Unfortunately, the white fang is basically a terrorist organization nowadays."

"A perfect answer, Nikos! Brava! From you, I'd like 30 pages on the fundamental societal issues suggested by the white fang's existence. As well as potential solutions!" Oobleck demanded.

"Happily." Pyrrha exclaimed with a smile, with her response took surprise by some students of the class.

Dove rolled his squint eyes. "Star student being herself again..." He said to Russel.

"Well, i don't blame her." Russel replied with a shrug.

"Moving on!" Oobleck exclaimed as he moves to the whiteboard with the map of the whole world of remnant. 

"Prior to the Faunus war, humankind was quite, quite adamant about centralizing Faunus population in Menagerie." 

He grabs a stick and points it to the big island south of anima. "While this must feel like ancient history to many of you, it is imperative to remember that these are relatively recent events. Why, the repercussions of the uprising can still be seen to this day." Oobleck grab his mug and took a sip of whatever is in it, probably coffee.