Chapter I

"SHIT!", she cursed. The cup tumbled down the shelf, onto the white tile floor. Panicked footsteps made their way to the kitchen.

"Katie, are you okay?!", her mother asked as she peeked her head around the corner.

"I'm fine.", she groaned. "Cup crashed again." She grabbed a paper towel to pick up the porcelain shards.

"Honey, I know you don't like the idea, but-"

"I don't need an extra step!!", she retorted before her mother could finish. "You guys put the cups on the highest shelf on purpose.", she mumbled, quite annoyed. Her head shot up at an even more annoying chuckle.

"Again, Pidge?"

"Shut up Matt."

"If you can't reach the cups, just ask me to get it for you, little sis.", he teased. Still, he kneeled down and helped Pidge with the shards. She glared up at him.

"Or you could give some of your height to me."

"Sure, let me just cut off my feet."

"Cut it out, you two.", their mother said as she grabbed a dark green cup from the shelf. Filling it with some coffee, she handed it to her daughter.

"Thanks, mom.", she said as she leaned back against the counter. She put the cup down and grabbed the carton of milk from the fridge. Another glare was shot at Matt.

"Asswipe." He gasped, exaggerating.

"ME? What did I do?"

"You took the last milk again and put the empty carton back in the fridge!" Matt grabbed the carton from her hand and flattened it.

"I know I usually do that to mess with you, but I swear, it wasn't me this time." Their dad entered the kitchen, a carton of milk in his hand.

"I found the perpetrator.", Colleen laughed.

"I plead guilty.", he said, handing his daughter the carton and ruffling her hair.

"DAD!" Pidge fixed her hair.

"Are you excited, Katie?", he asked grabbing himself a cup of coffee aswell.

"Nervous, you mean?"

"Don't be.", Matt intervened. "I was nervous aswell when I had my first day at Altea Uni. It went great, and I made some great friends." Pidge raised an eyebrow.

"Hmmm, yes, friend." Matt mouthed for her to shut it. "Aw, Matt, come on. We all know you're gay for Shiro.", she laughed. Matt glanced at his mother for support, his dad already joining in on the teasing.

She sipped her coffee. "She's right, you know."

"Mom!! You're supposed to be on my side!", he whined.

"I didn't sign a contract." Pidge snorted. She sat her cup back on the counter, glancing at the digital clock on the wall.

"I'm gonna go get my bags.", she said as she ran up the stairs. Sam turned to Matt.

"How come you don't need to go to campus yet?"

"Pidge is a first year, they need to arrive a few days earlier to get settled. We can go aswell, but I'd like to stay home a bit longer." Sam nodded.

"Are you bringing her to the train station?"

"I thought you wanted to do that? I mean your only daughter leaving for uni? What a touching goodbye.", he smirked.

"You're out of gas, aren't you?", Colleen asked.

"Maybe."

"Matt, for someone starting their last year in Robitics and Engineering, you are..."