Chapter III

There was a soft knock on the door. Pidge groaned and turned off her music, pushing her chair back. She placed her hand on the doorknob, and opened the door.

"Keith? What are you doing here?", she asked.

"We need to talk.", he said, grabbing her arm and pulling her back inside.

"W-Why? What's going on?" She asked as they sat down on the bed. He shushed her with his finger.

"We don't have much time.", he said, glancing back and forth between Pidge and the door. "Let's get out of here. Grab your stuff." He stood up and headed towards the door.

"Keith, what the hell is going on?!", she shouted, standing up. She was surprised Allura hadn't woken up yet. When he turned back around, she saw the tear tracks on his face. Has that scar on his cheek always been there?

"Pidge, please... We have to go..." He reached out for her to take his hand.

A loud beeping entered Pidge's ears as she shot awake. She saw Allura at the edge of her own bed, putting some binders in her backpack.

"Goodmorning, Pidge. Did you sleep well?" The smaller girl dismissed her alarm.

"U-Uhm, yeah, I think so? I had a weird dream."

"Oh? What was it about?", she raised an eyebrow.

"I-uh... Keith, he, he came into our room-" Allura smirked.

"My my Pidge, it's only been a few days and you're already dreaming of him!"

"You didn't let me finish.", she replied, annoyed. She threw the covers off of her and headed towards her still unpacked suitcase. "He said we had to go, like he was running away from something. It's confusing, but just a dream so it doesn't matter.", she said, grabbing underwear and clothes from said suitcase.

"Fair point. You should really unpack your suitcase this weekend, by the way.", Allura said, finishing up packing her binders.

"Maybe, yeah. You got an 8am?" She nodded, grabbing her jacket and getting ready to leave.

"Pidge?"

"Hm?", she replied as she pulled her shirt over her head.

"Are you gonna be alright for your first day?"

"Allura, I'm not a kid anymore. I'm turning 20 in a few months.", she frowned as she looked down at the floor. Glancing back up at the tall girl, she flashed a quick smile. "I'll be fine. Thanks for worrying."

"It is my pleasure, Pidge. I'll see you this evening, alright?"

"Yeah. Bye, Allura."

"Bye, Pidge!" Allura closed the door behind her.

And so she was alone for the first time in a while. She made her way to her desk and reached for a hairtie. She pulled her hair back in a ponytail, eyes skimming over her schedule. Her first class, Electricity, started at 10am. She figured it would be a good idea to wash her face before all of the first day havoc, especially considering her rather strange dream. As she grabbed a washcloth and headed over to the sink by the toilet, there was a knock on the door. She groaned as she turned off the tap and threw the washcloth in the small puddle of water which had formed in the sink.

She opened the door, revealing a familiar tall floof.

"SHIRO!", she yelled, engulfing him in a hug. He wrapped his arms around her.

"Hey there Pidge!"

"Oh huhhh, you're just gonna ignore me??", a second voice called out. Pidge let go of Shiro and frowned.