Chapter IV

It had started getting late. Keith was still working his shift at Rocha's. As he finished up cleaning the last tables, he heard a familiar voice chime through the room.

"Keith! Can you pass the keys?" He turned to Romelle, digging the keys of the pizza place out of his pocket. He tossed it to her.

"How come you're here? I thought you hired me because you needed the Friday nights off?" The blonde fumbled with the keys.

"U-Uh.. I have a little date..." Keith raised an eyebrow.

"A date, huh?", he said as he took off his apron. He made his way to the back of the kitchen to hang the apron on the coat rack. He grabbed his backpack. "With who, if I may ask?" Romelle rested her chin on his shoulder.

"Lance..." His eyes widened.

"W-What?!" Keith turned around to face her. "Out of everyone you could have said yes to a date to, you chose Lance?" Romelle's eyes aimed at the floor.

"I... I like him, okay?" Her voice sounded rather sad. "I wish I didn't." They talked as they walked to one of the dining booths.

"How so? Is it such a bad thing that you like him?"

"There's someone that likes me. She told me a while ago, and I just... I feel so guilty I can't return her feelings." Romelle placed her head down on the table, onto her arms. It was like a switch was turned on in Keith's head.

"Is this about Allura...?" Romelle nodded. Keith could feel the secondhand embarrassment rising.

Allura likes Romelle.
Romelle likes Lance.
Lance likes Allura.

Keith's thought process was set to a halt as he heard quiet sobs coming from the girl in front of him. He felt so awkward and uncomfortable. He was never good with feelings, and now he felt as if he had to 'fix' someone else's. He hesistantly placed his hand on Romelle's arm.

"There there.", he said. Was that rude? "It'll be okay in the end. Even if things don't go as planned, it won't ruin the friendship everyone's built up over the years." Romelle looked up at him. "Try and enjoy your night with Lance as much as possible. Try to get Allura out of your head for now." He smiled at her.

"Thank you, Keith...", she said as she wiped her tears. There was a small line of mascara below her eyes. "Even though you always say you're bad with emotions, you should know that it's always your words that can cheer the others up." She smiled.

"T-Thanks..." He checked the time on his phone and got up. "I don't know at what time Lance will be here, but I think it's about time I got home." He swung his backpack around his shoulder. "You're gonna do great, okay?"

"I'll try. See you tomorrow, Keith."

"Goodnight, Romelle."

As soon as he walked inside the dorm building, Keith took out his earphones. He took off his hood and made his way up to the third floor.
On his way to his and Lance's dorm room, he passed an all too familiar door.

Katherine Holt & Allura Melenor

He stood still for a moment, pondering if he should give it a knock or not. His heart was beating in his chest.

He hasn't felt like this in a while. The last time he felt like this was with... Needless to say, it backfired. It caused him to give up on dating completely. Or at least, for quite the while.

So he didn't have a crush on Pidge. He denied it. His heart rate picking up in speed, he denied it. His cheeks growing warmer when she spoke his name, he denied it. His fascination when her eyes lit up while she spoke about engineering or creating stuff, he denied it.