where we fall: part two

The Young Leader, Jung Jaehyun, resided soundlessly on his golden and silver throne. He had not yet opened his lips to talk, not once flinching or moving. He sat still, much like the many sacred statues in this enormous room of his. He seemed more interested in hearing the whines and cries of the pathetic man beside his feet. It was hard to say he was interested though since his elbow rested on the arm of his throne in boredom - his head resting in the palm his hand.

The throne was indeed made purely from silver and gold, collected from the faraway mountains in the east district of Tiān-Dì. Nobody but the higher-ups were allowed to own such materials.

Regarding his impassive appearance: it was forever unchanging as if a singular emotion was shameful to him, and it was, whenever he had an emotion it felt uncomfortable. The Young Leader had been taught to keep an empty and unreadable face ever since he was a child, after all, a man who showed emotion was weak and incapable of ruling. But secretly he was not like that, he was very sensitive - yet he wore an invisible mask to hide his true emotions.

The youthful male can clearly recollect his young childhood memories of him standing in the courtyard for twelve hours while being beaten across the spine with a scorching hot metal rod; and whilst this happened he was told to keep his posture straight, to not once frown or cry out for help. He followed those rules, and that is why he was sitting on that very throne. Eight-year-old him believed that he was dying, although now he can only see why that memory held the most significance in who he came to be; it made him a man, and it also gave him scars across his back which implied his power. 

Tiān-Dì people saw those with scars as strong.

In the eyes of Tiān-Dì leaders, whipping a child with a scorching hot metal rod for hours with ten-minute breaks — to heat the metal again — was normal. It was a tradition. After completing it, you were seen as an adult, accepted by their beloved God's to reign over the city.

Whoever failed the lesson was immediately slaughtered.

"Great leader, please! Spare his life!" The miserable man pleaded, crying and sobbing at his lover who was bound against the wall with a spear directed towards his heart — which Yuta was currently holding under strict order. The man was on his knee's, crying a stream of tears that rained all over Jaehyun's expensive satin carpet. "You can't— please! I love him! Wh-why can't you just banish us instead?! Please! Not... not like this..."

Jaehyun's sights dwindled on the scene in front of his face; while he did this, the rings on his hand clattered against his metal throne as he patted, he was processing the situation. Deciding. "What is the point of begging to me?" He then pointed at the monument of one of their most influential God's — Daejung: the God of Repentance. "Beg to him! He's greater than me! He's greater than anyone standing on this ground." He snaps, "You broke the law. Everyone knows that sodomy is a very immoral act, did you really enjoy that lowlife man doing that to you? Surely not. I'm punishing that cursed soul, for you." His tone of voice was unbelievably manipulative, he was great at that, he always has been; after all, he was born and taught to be that way ever since the beginning of his existence.

It was not long until the crying man started begging to the statue for forgiveness. 

Though, Jaehyun could see from a mile away that this man was not once regretting his actions nor did he seem to want to change them; he was only trying to keep his love interest alive by following whatever Jaehyun had ordered him to do. Deep down, The Young Leader was apprehensive and envious of the two of them, he had never once had someone to love or care for, vice versa, yet here where two homosexual men, head over heels for each other. How humiliating.

"Hm..." Jaehyun somehow softened, catching his servant's attention.

"What is it, master?" Yuta questioned, lowering the spear and moving his head away from watching the senseless man shackled to the wall.

Jaehyun lowered his head and traced his forefinger along the floral patterned dents on the arm of his throne, the waterlilies in particular. "I was wondering, why do our God's sit and watch. They do nothing but watch us cause trouble; just for us to get on our knee's and ask for forgiveness. Is there really no sense of direction for humans? How are we supposed to know if wrong is right or right is wrong? Nakamoto Yuta?" He tilted his head. "They made these two men fall in love but not me? That can only mean I am doing something wrong..." He sobbed out.

The Young Leader was known to be a crybaby when he did not get his own way, particularly in front of his servant and away from the public eye. He barely knew any other emotion but sadness and defeat, even when he was supposed to only know violence and hatred. He was scolded a lot for doing this but it was mostly just a bad habit that only Yuta knew of.

"Banish them both! I don't want those lowlifes to see me like this!"