Chapter 16

"Rise and shine fuckers!" Jaemin burst into the dorm way too early. Renjun groggily sat up and took in the familiar surroundings whilst Jeno remained fast asleep. He walked over to him and jumped right on top.

"They have croissants at the dining hall today!" he sang in an attempt to wake up Jeno, but he simply groaned and flipped over. Renjun walked over to the other bed shakily and sat next to the pile.

"We can bring them back or something. He's tired."

"Nothing new then," Jaemin tried shaking him. "Don't make me get the water Jeno..." he said in a warning voice, and his eyes popped open.

"Don't you fucking dare," his smoky morning voice croaked. Jaemin grinned triumphantly at Renjun.

"Now stay awake. We have one more day of holiday remember?"

"Oh god no," Renjun flopped back so he was lying across Jeno's lap. "Everyday we approach closer to doom."

"So dramatic," Jaemin mockingly complained, leaving Jeno to comb through and arrange Renjun's hair, half-asleep.

"Don't act like you aren't either."

"And what about it? Get up love-birds- we have a day left to not waste away!" He sang again.

"You're giving me a headache," Jeno grumbled, slipping out of bed and making Renjun land on the floor again with a yelp. He made a sound of indignation; Jaemin sighed and heaved him up.

"What the fuck did you do to him? Even when he's super tired he's better than this," he muttered under his breath to Renjun, who shrugged and followed Jeno to the bathroom.

"He knows what he has to do." Jaemin made an 'o' with his mouth in realisation.

"Ah. That. Well, one of them has to go through with it either way."

"I'm gonna go practice," Jeno announced after he finished breakfast. Everyone else was only half way finished. "Only Renjun allowed, before any of you ask."

"I wasn't going to," Jisung scrunched his nose. "So boring anyway. I don't see the big deal."

"As if playing video games literally all day like you've done for the past five days have been," Donghyuck retorted.

"Hey!" Jisung exclaimed, offended. "Four days."

"Whatever is fun for whoever. I have an essay to finish anyway," Chenle added.

"Library?" asked Jisung. Chenle nodded. "Then I'll come too."

"Come on Renjun," Jeno dragged him up as he stuffed the last bite of the croissant hurriedly.

"Okay, look," Donghyuck got up as well just as they left. He stalked off in the same direction. There was a moment of shocked silence.

"Permission to have the rest of his breakfast?" Jisung asked.

"I'd like to think you've matured now, Jeno," Donghyuck swivelled him around by the shoulder whilst Renjun stood by and prepared to brace himself.

"And so would I. But do we really have to do this here and now?"

"Literally when else." A couple intrigued gazes were cast their way.

"Not here and not now?" Jeno suggested, already knowing that Donghyuck would indeed be doing this here and now.

"You scared of the attention? Is that it?" Damn it.

"He isn't. I am," Renjun admitted suddenly. "For the sake of the person you've dragged into this," he gestured at himself, "I'd appreciate if you in fact, didn't do this here and now."

The air grew still, as they became numb to the various murmurs around them.

"Well then fine. But by tonight Jeno," Donghyuck kept his hardened gaze, and Jeno was blind to the shake in his voice as he said that. "You and I will have this all done with."

"Deal." Renjun breathed a sigh of relief and Donghyuck marched back to the table preparing to now scold Jisung for finishing his breakfast.

"Sorry you had to see that. Or get involved for that matter," said Jeno as they headed over to the stables.

"You'd better be. You have weird ways of showing you care," Renjun said dryly. Jeno hung his head. "If I was dumb I'd be starting to think you didn't like me anymore."

"That-" Jeno's head pricked up at that. "That I-"

"I shouldn't be here at all," Renjun smiled wistfully. "And to be honest, it's probably my own fault; being careless and not checking building and all. But all the same, you really should be sorry."

"I am," Jeno gulped. "I regret it all now."

"What- liking me? Or do you regret how you handled it?"

"I'll never regret liking you," Jeno exhaled. "And I understand if you want to distance yourself from me now."

"As if I could," Renjun flicked his head back forward. "I'd have no one else. As much as I somewhat hate to, I like you too."

"And do you regret that?" Jeno dared to ask. A lump had formed in his throat, making the words seem even heavier than he'd thought. For one precarious moment, his heart nearly stopped.

"Sometimes," Renjun finally said. "But I couldn't imagine myself dating- real or fake- anyone else."

"What are you suggesting here..."

"Kiss me and find out." Renjun hoped the hitch in his breath wasn't too noticeable as he said that. Now, when Jeno leaned in not unlike all the other times, there was something different. Something that made it seem like a first.

"For real?"

"For real."

Guilt Trip {Noren}On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara