09

[9]

MEETING

Persephone looked out the window, a cold wind brushed her cheeks. A pasty forest lay on the border of the manor, coated with a layer of white paint. The sky was an ever-deepening blue, contrasting with the translucent feathered crystals that splattered and danced in the air, gently choreographed by the winds. For a second, she watched them, completely fixated, as the snow fell from the sky. A flawless tragedy, the pink crystals would laugh, play, cry, love with each other, until its life shattered, making contact with the unforgiving ground.

Standing in her bedroom, she turned to recheck her outfit with the mirror. She wore a red dress with a caramel coat and warm yellow scarf. Her hair was tied in a youthful fishtail to display a kind of innocence; she doesn't usually like showing. After all, who would do business, or pay respect to an innocent girl? But, today was different.

She was meeting Sirius in an hour. She liked to think Sirius' acquiescence no longer meant anything to her. After what she had experienced, acquiescence from anybody no longer meant anything for her. But yet, her heartbeat was still strong. It still hammered loudly, thudding and constant shattering all attempts for tranquillity. She was known for her composure but the last thing she was at the moment, was composed. She breathed in and out, in and out.

She was fourteen, after all. A fourteen years old girl who desperately wants to prove her only family her worth. She almost saw herself pitiful if not for who she really was.

She always wondered whether Hell existed. If it did, that's where she would go. Persephone going to Hell, it almost, made sense. At least some things still made sense.

Looking at the mirror again. She decided there was missing something from the outfit, a handbag of some sort. She turned back to her closet and opened up the second-to-last draw. There were two handbags, both black, but of entirely different size. One was big and spacious, the other delicate and small. She took the smaller one and put it on her table softly. Taking out her wand, she unconsciously wandered to Sirius and what he would've liked. Red, definitely red. He liked unruly things, tidiness was definitely not one of his traits. With a small swish of her wand, it morphed into a small scarlet clutch bag, with threads that came out loosely at the end. With no makeup and a ponytail on instead of her usual let out curls, Persephone nearly didn't feel like herself. 'Feeling like herself was the last of her priorities for the evening'.

With a last look into her bedroom, she disapparated into the living room.

The flickering fire was a light green matching the dark colour themes of the mansion. A brown leather couch sat opposite it, a diary carefully placed on top of it. She walked to the couch and sat down, opening the page of the diary she had bookmarked. It was a short section, inked by her mother. This was her next goal after the ring. She had put the now broken ring inside a treasure box under her bed, now invisible and untouchable except for Hadrian and her. She was going to treasure it. It was going to save a life after all. She was almost excited, excited to see what her father would do next.

The Horcrux a piece of jewellery. I know Tom well. I can bet my life that it's a Slytherin Heirdom, an important one too. And the fact it's a piece of jewellery. I saw Tom holding it, I think it was a necklace of some sort, something like that. Or a chain? Anyways, I think Tom is coming home, so I better hide you. Just on the last note, please destroy it, please let Tom be Tom again. Please.

On the bottom were some more rushed notes and written with a muggle pen instead of ink.

R.A.B took it, he took the Slytherin Horcrux