"This is your room? I can't imagine why'd you ever want to leave here... it's gorgeous." Honeymaren ran her hand down the beautifully carved wood. 

"I've been in this room my whole life... it's nice to have a change of scenery, to go outside, actually talk to people who aren't my parents..." 

Honeymaren's brow furrowed. "What do you mean?" 

Elsa cast her glance down, slightly biting her lip. "It doesn't matter. That was a while ago." 

"Hey, it's okay..." Honeymaren placed a loving hand on Elsa's shoulder. 

Elsa met her gaze. "I..." 

"Can I kiss you?"

Elsa's stomach dropped. Yes, 100 percent, yes! She slowly nodded. 

Honeymaren grazed Elsa's cheek with her fingertips. Elsa let the moment sink in. Goosebumps danced up and down both girl's bodies. Butterflies fluttered between them.

"Elsa...?"

"Honey...?" 

"Are sure it's okay?" Honeymaren's eyes were shaking.

"It's okay... Honey... what's wrong?" 

Honeymaren stepped backward, hugging herself. "Does this happen often?" 

"Does what--" Elsa finally tore her eyes away from Honeymaren's face. "Oh..." 

The room was quickly filling up with snow. 

"Uh..." Honeymaren hugged herself tighter. "It's getting really cold..." 

With a shaky hand, Elsa made it all stop, but the temperature stayed cold. She hadn't lost control in a long time... 

"I'm sorry..." She held out her hand for Honeymaren to take. "I'll draw up a fire for you." 

Honeymaren took Elsa's hand, a small sympathetic smile tugging at her lips. 

Elsa led her to the sitting room a few doors down, the one with a gorgeous fireplace. Honeymaren sat on the sofa as Elsa started a fire, something she'd hardly ever done in her life. When the roomed roared to life with the fierce glow of the fire, Elsa slid onto the sofa, the middle cushion between her and Honeymaren. 

"So..." Honeymaren wrapped the quilt around her; the quilt that Elsa had left in that very room years ago.

Elsa had almost forgotten about that quilt; she had made it with her mother as a child. She had come into her room--it was when she trying her hardest to make everything seem better than it was for Elsa--with the fabrics and her patience. Her mother ended up doing most of it, as Elsa was easily frustrated, but she had control of herself as she watched her mother make the quilt. 

Control.

She was sure she had control... but... 

"Are you all right?" Honeymaren's voice was low; it had tones of caution. 

"I..." Elsa couldn't get the words to come up. Everything in her seemed stuck. Her breath, tears, and feelings. "...I don't know." 

"Hey..." Honeymaren patted the space on the sofa next to her. "Come here... darling." 

Elsa scootched in and Honeymaren wrapped the quilt around both of their shoulders. 

"Since we're best friends, I want you to know that you can tell me anything. Or nothing, and I will respect that." She ran slow fingers through Elsa's hair. 

"Honey...?" Elsa tilted her down, resting it in the crook of Honeymaren's neck. Honeymaren smelled like the forest.

"Hmm?"