𝟎𝟏 | 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐝𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬

𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐓

            𝑴𝑬𝑹𝑬𝑫𝑰𝑻𝑯 did not expect her Uncle to take over the Glee Club. What she did expect when she found out the news was that his wife, Terri, her aunt, was not going to be happy at all. Technically she didn't find out from her Uncle about the whole Glee Club situation, but from her best friend, Rachel Berry, instead. Rachel had found her towards the end of the school day by her locker, talking faster than light can travel as she ranted on about how Glee Club was in need of another teacher. She had apparently reported the now ex-glee club teacher, Sandy Ryerson, as she had caught him inappropriately touching Hank Saunders, the only other Glee Club member. Meredith knew the real reason behind Rachel's devious actions. She wasn't an idiot. Rachel had reported Sandy Ryerson because he had given Hank Saunders the solo she would have thought she deserved. If it was one thing about Rachel that people needed to know, was that she would do anything for every chance to take the spotlight. She never liked to share the spotlight, no matter how talented others were. And sometimes it could be a good thing, it showed she was ambitious and passionated about singing and performing, but it also presented her as a selfish bitch sometimes. And Meredith would do well to remind her of that sometimes. Not that Rachel ever really paid attention and listened. But Meredith had to admit to herself that she was the definition of a bitch and could be selfish at times, more so than Rachel occasionally.

When Rachel mentioned that her Uncle had offered to be the new Glee teacher, Meredith was beyond shocked. She knew her Uncle had loved being in Glee Club when he was in High School, but she never would have thought he would be the teacher of one, but as she thought it over more, it made sense. He loved singing and dancing and he loved teaching kids about having fun and doing something they love. So when she got home, having taken the bus with Rachel, she was quickly to question him about it.

"So, the Glee Club?" She carried on chopping and peeling the potatoes that were in front of her, as her Uncle prepared the meat for their dinner tonight.

"Let me guess, Rachel."

"-Rachel," Meredith nodded as she spoke with her Uncle in sync both of them letting out small laughs.

"I was think, what if you auditioned Mere?" He suggested, sending her a side glance.

"Really? I don't think so. No offence but joining the Glee Club would be suicide. Red food colouring would not suit my blonde hair." She pointed out, knowing that although she did love to sing, joining the club wouldn't do her any good. It would just make her life go down hill from her current content place on the McKinley High School's food chain.

"Okay, well if you change your mind, you are always welcome to join. You can play the piano if you want instead, so you technically don't have to join." He suggested again, wanting to include her talents she was too afraid to use.

"I'll think about it." She offered and sent her Uncle a smile.

"Okay," he nodded and the two went back to cooking dinner as Terri worked in her crafts room, leaving the two better cooks to make the meal for the three of them.

The next day Meredith was to help out with her Uncle at auditions. Only five people had signed up, two of them being Rachel and another one of Meredith's close friends, Kurt Hummel.

The first person to audition was a girl named Mercedes Jones, and wow did she have some vocals. She sang RESPECT and Meredith knew after her audition that the song would be stuck in her head for the next few hours as she was totally blown away by the girls strong notes. Next was Kurt and he sang Mr Cellophane. She clapped and cheered for him after his performance as he did a small bow. Meredith wasn't in friend groups, she just had a few different friends but she knew that if Kurt and Rachel met then they would either never get along and fight over solos all the time or they'll become best friends because of how similar they are.