𝟎𝟓 | 𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐭

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐇𝐎𝐃𝐄𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐓𝐀𝐊𝐄𝐍

            𝑆𝐸𝐸𝑁 as though Rachel had officially quit the Glee club, the duet too Don't Stop Believing was given to Finn and Quinn instead of Finn and Rachel. Now, Quinn was a talented singer, but she was no Rachel. 

"This sucks hell," Meredith rolled her eyes, leaning back in her seat as they both sang together. Halfway through the start of the song, Quinn suddenly stopped and held a hand up to her mouth. She was quick to dash out of the choir room, probably to throw up because of morning sickness starting to kick in.

"I think she just had a bad breakfast burrito." Finn made up an excuse for his girlfriend so no one would be suspicious of anything.

"Can we please talk about the giant elephant in the room?" Kurt asked.

"Your sexuality?" Santana sneered, being her usual bitchyself. Meredith secretly high fived the girl.

"Rachel - we can't do it without her." Kurt carried on, pretending he hadn't heard Santana's comment.

"That's not true." Uncle Will denied.
"Yes, it is." Meredith told her Uncle. "No offence to Quinn or anything, but her voice is too squeaky and high to hit powerful notes. Which is what gets people wins." Meredith shrugged as she explained her thoughts.

"We may have to layer Santana and Mercedes over Quinn's solo but... we'll be fine." He suggested, although it looked as if he was trying to convince himself more than the Glee members.

"Maybe for the invitationals but not for the Sectionals." Artie voiced.

"And certainly not for the Regionals and Nationals." Meredith added and everyone nodded in agreement.
"I'm sorry but what is your part here Meredith. You don't play the piano for us anymore since we got Brad, and you don't count yourself as a member?" Puck suddenly spoke up.

"I'll have you know that my presence is very much needed here Puckerman. Without my fantastic ideas you would all drown and never surface again from being too embarrassed from losing." She snapped, sending the boy a glare. Finn shared a worried look with her Uncle, before he sent a warning look to Puck.

"Right, that makes sense because all you seem to do is judge everyone else. You dish all these hateful comments out but can never take them." She turned to face the front, trying to calm down.

"Meredith-" Her Uncle began but she cut him off.

"I'm calm. I'm cool." She whispered to herself.

"Rise above it Mere," Finn told her from his place now beside her.

"Shush. I am trying to rise above it but I can't if you don't shut the hell up, so let me freakin' rise." She snapped before getting up and grabbing her belongings. She stormed out of the choir room and made her way to the dance studio. She wasn't a good dancer but no one was ever in there so she found it a place where she could find quietness.

"Puck you were out of line man," Finn told his supposedly best male friend.

"What? I'm just saying that chick has no need to be here, no offence Mr Schue." Puck added, knowing Meredith was his niece.

"No, I agree with Finn, Puck. Meredith can play many instruments and we need her here if we are short on someone from the Jazz band. Plus I think she likes being here but she doesn't commit to things easily." Puck shut up after being stared down by Finn and crossed his arms over his chest.