𝟎𝟗 | 𝐝𝐢𝐯𝐚-𝐨𝐟𝐟

𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒

            "𝐶𝑂𝑀𝐸 on lefty! Grab his hand nail! Grand his hand nail!" Meredith sea in her seat in the choir room playing thumb wars with herself as she waited for everyone else to arrive. Kurt Mercedes and Tina were sat in the corner looking at the girl with puzzled and concerned expressions, but they didn't say anything. Brittany and Santana walked in, the two of them joining the others in sitting down.
"Is she playing thumb wars by herself?" Santana asked Mercedes, furrowing her eyebrows.

"I believe so." Mercedes commented.

Eventually the room had filled up, Meredith had stopped playing thumb wars by herself out of boredom and was instead sat at the piano as they all waited for her Uncle. She was playing the notes to Chasing Cars, one of her favourite songs, after Bohediam Rhapsody which was her all time favourite song ever. It was chaotic, like her and therefore her favourite song. She had forgiven Finn on Saturday after he came round to her house with her favourite foods and movies to watch, and they were joined by Rachel as well. Her best friend truly did know the way to make her forgive him, food and TV. He even managed to sit through and watch F.R.I.E.N.D.S with her, which showed he truly was sorry because for some strange and odd reason Finn found F.R.I.E.N.D.S stupid, therefore she found Finn stupid.

"All right, guys." Her Uncle started, walking into the room, a pile of paper clutched in his hand. He gave them to Meredith so he could put his stuff down and she went to hand a sheet out to everyone. "We're doing a new number for Sectionals. I know that pop songs have sort of been our signature pieces, but I did a little research on past winners, and it turns out that the judges like songs that are more accessible." Most of the members didn't know what the song was, and although Meredith wasn't a musical geek, she did know Defying Gravity and she knew it was from the musical WICKED, which was based around the wicked witch from the Wizard of Oz.

"Stuff they know. Uh, standards, Broadway." He carried on.

"Defying Gravity?" Kurt asked with an excited grin. "I have an iPod shuffle dedicated exclusively to selections from Wicked." He gushed. "This is amazing."

"Think you can handle it, Rachel?" Meredith's Uncle turned to Rachel, who looked up from the music sheet.

"It's my go-to shower song. It's also my ringtone." She replied, showing she was definitely able to handle the song. Nobody was surprised though. Rachel's vocal range was amazing.

"Why do we have to go all vanilla on this song?" Mercedes asked. "See, what we need is my chocolate thunder." A few chuckles came from people in the room.

"Okay, we don't have time to rearrange a song for you, Mercedes. Rachel is singing it. Don't worry, we'll find something for you to dip in chocolate." Uncle Will got laughter as a response to his comment.

"On to item two. The school won't pay for the special bus we need to take Artie and his wheelchair with us to Sectionals." Meredith played with the hem of her shirt, tuning them all out. She was glad she had tuned them out because after they left Rachel explained to her that they had to make money for Artie by a bake sale, but everyone hadn't agreed to doing it and so they weren't doing it anymore, which wasn't exactly fair on Artie because they were a team and should have helped him, but Meredith could care less if she was being honest, she was too excited to go home and see if her delivery had arrived. She had ordered a new jacket and a pair of flat ballet shoes which were black and had little bows of them at the front.

❝ 𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 ❞

The next day, Meredith sat in the choir room, partly because she had nothing else to do and Rachel had dragged her there, leaving her no option skip.