Chapter 9: Epilogue

Chapter Nine: Epilogue

************************************

Tammy's dad finally had to quit working in the office. He had to retire because the cancer had finally won the battle. I have lost the best partner I would ever have. We don't know how much longer he will be able to hold on.

Well it has been about four months now and we have been dating regularly. We love each other very much. I'm glad I finally admitted how I felt for her. Her mom and dad were happy to see us get together. They said it was a dream of theirs to see us get married. It hasn't happened yet but I do plan on asking her soon. I just haven't found the right moment yet. I want it to be special.

I have bought the ring. It is an Opal and Diamond Ring in 18k White Gold. A vision of changing color, the oval opal is framed by forty-four pave-set round diamonds in 18k white gold. When I saw it I knew it was the ring for her. I could see it on her hand and when I thought about that I got the biggest smile on my face. I had to get it. I had looked at some others but nothing stood out as much as this one. I can't wait to give it to her and see the look on her face. I think she will love it as much as I do.

I called Tammy up and asked her out to dinner. I asked her to wear something dressy because we were going out to a nice restaurant. I decided to take her to a little Italian restaurant because I know how much she loves Italian food. I told her I would pick her up at 7:00. When I got to her place I went to the door and rang the bell. When she came to the door she had on the outfit she had bought when I bumped into her. She had told me all about the shopping she had been doing and what she had bought. It looked wonderful on her. All the accessories looked well with the dress also. She stepped out of the door, and I pulled the door closed and locked it for her.

When we got to the restaurant I got out and opened her car door for her. We went inside and were given a corner booth. This satisfied me. I didn't want some big audience for my proposal anyway.

We ordered our drinks and food. While we waited for the food to come we filled in the time with small talk. I asked her about her parents and she said her dad wasn't doing well tonight. Her dad had told me he would like to see her married before he passed away so I had got his blessing. This gave me the courage to go through with it.

(The Proposal)

After we had finished our dinner and were waiting for desert to come I cleared my throat and looked her in the eyes and smiled. I put my hand in my pocket and held onto the box with the ring in it and said; "Tammy almost from the first moment I met you I have known you were the woman for me. That love has grown stronger with time. I would like to keep you with me forever until death do us part. Will you do me the honor in becoming my wife?"

As I asked her the last few words I pulled out the box and opened it up putting it on the top of the table the ring facing her. I was a little worried she wouldn't accept me. She just sat there for a few minutes staring at the ring. Then she looked up at me with tears running down her cheeks and a big smile on her face. I think I surprised her and she was speechless for once. In a breathy voice she gave me her answer.

(Tammy's Power Of Voice)

When Mark asked me to marry him, I was speechless. I just sat there staring at the ring. It was beautiful. Tears ran down my cheeks but they were happy tears. I had fallen so in love with him. He is one of the most romantic men in the world. I don't know what I would do without him. I would be lost. I gave him the biggest smile and said "I thought you would never ask me. Yes I will marry you. I have never been happier with anyone as I am with you."

When I finally gave him my answer, I could see relief then extreme happiness spread across his face and then he slipped the ring out of the box and put it on my finger. It was the happiest day of my life.

(End Of Tammy's Power Of Voice)

***********************************************

Well that is the end of this book. Create the wedding in your mind. Enjoy the book and let me know what you think of it. Hope you enjoy it as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Don't forget to vote and comment on the book.

Ya! I just checked my reads on this story and I have just a few over a 1,000. Thank you to all my readers.