Chapter 8

Sunday

The gang made it through the rest of the week without spoiling anything concerning Wills birthday. Everything was planned out perfectly and precautions were made for incase anything went wrong. Mike had even made a signal for everyone to come out of their hiding spot which was a discreet text message that would be sent. So that Saturday, everyone knew what to do and no mistakes were made. Mike invited everyone over 1 hour before Will would arrive so that they could camp in the bathroom located in the basement and the text was ready typed on Mike's phone. The final bit was surprising Will which should have been easy.

Mike's pov

Me, max, El, Dustin and lucas were sat in the basement in silence,listening out for the knock on the front door. They had planned everything perfectly and didn't want to mess the last bit up at all. Two knocks on the front door had alerted everyone of Wills presence and whilst Mike made his way to the front door, the others crammed into the bathroom. It was smaller than they thought so they were all squashed awkwardly but no one complained. Will had been through enough and he deserved one good thing.

Max

We heard feet running down the stairs and muffled voices. I smiled at the thought of wills face when we opened the door but little did I know, that was the opposite of what his reaction would be. The voices lasted for another 10 minutes and i got a bit claustrophobic in the small room. HURRY UP I thought to myself. El noticed my discomfort and placed a hand on my arm signalling for me to calm down. I took deep breaths and felt my heart rate return back to normal. Just then, I got the text from Mike to come out and nodded to the others. On the count of 3, we flung open the doors. "Surpri-"
A look of shock spread on all our faces like a wildfire. I furrowed my brows trying to make sense of what I saw before me. This was NOT what was supposed to happen.

Mike

I walked to the front door and opened it with a wide grin. Will gave me a wide grin before taking me in his embrace. We both went down into the basement chatting away about the usual stuff. After a few minutes, we sat down on the couch in silence. I was about to send the signal to the others when will said something.
"Mike." he said softly.

"Yeah, will?"

He looked at me, the clogs in his brain spinning as I awaited for his response but he did something I dint expect. Will leaned closer to my face and pushed his lips against mine. At first I pulled away out of shock but once my mind had registered, I grabbed his neck and kissed his passionately. His fingers got tangled in my hair as we deepened the kiss and I leaned back onto my phone on the couch. He was on top of me when I heard the gang shouting. Shit. We jumped away from each other and the gang stood in shock. I saw will start to tear up and before I could say anything, he rushed out. "Will!" I yelled. "will!"

Will s pov

I ran out of the house out of embarrassment. Tears spilled out of my eyes like a waterfall and my cheeks burned out of anger. He lied to me! He embarrassed me in front of everyone on my birthday. I heard him call my name but I ignored him,unable to even look at him. I felt a hand on my arm preventing me from moving. "No Mike!" I yelled I was sure there was steam coming out of my ears at this part.

"Will, you have it all wrong! We were trying to surprise you on your birthday but then we kissed and things didn't go to plan..." he trailed off. He looked genuine but I felt utterly betrayed.

"yeah well it doesn't even matter because the others now hate me. So what's the point?!"

"they don't hate you. They will love you just as you are and if they don't, then we aren't a party anymore. It will just be you and me okay? I really like you so please don't leave.. I want to be with you on your birthday. Even as friends if that's what you want. " I could see tears threatening to fall from his eyes and I couldn't help but feel guilty. He both sunk into an emotional hug before Mike led me back inside the house. I kept my head down but I could still feel their eyes on me.

"So? What's going on with you two?" lucas asked.
"Yeah like are you... A couple?" Dustin continued.

"would it be bad if we were?" I asked.
Suddenly, A pair of arms were wrapped around me and I could feel the tears coming again.

"Of Course not will! Oh god I'm sorry we didn't say anything before we were just shocked that all! And I swear we all support you right?" everyone nodded with a supportive smile and I knew that everything was okay, I was with my family.

Wowwww that was a lot?! Idk whether you guys ship byler but like will deserves love so this is what he gets! Plus I needed my gay king so like....
Please check my last post and lemme know if you guys want smut or anything! And yes I know I've updated like 5 times today but it's quarantine so it's not like I have anything better to do amiright? Thanks k bye