Chapter Five - Life in a Bubble I Blew

Author's Note: NSFW Warning

Things in the office became interesting over the following weeks. Rebecca and Emily both silently agreed to a game of cat and mouse in their own respective ways, which created an unusual aura for anyone around them. Most days the sexual tension around the two was so thick it could be cut with a knife.

Emily looked for any excuse she could find to get Rebecca in compromising positions for her special viewing pleasure. Sometimes it was getting her to bend over to pick up a discarded pen or to file some papers away in order for Emily to check out her ass. Other times it was getting the brunette to reach up high to retrieve things that Emily couldn't reach to give the blonde an excuse to look up Rebecca's shirt. Either way Emily was winning.

Rebecca had her own tactics to the game, which were much different from the blonde's. More subtle and decidedly more effective against Emily in the long run of things than the moves what was used against Rebecca. These included batting her eyelashes and biting her lip from across the room, grazing against Emily whenever she had even the smallest opportunity and perhaps the most effective, finding reasons to be close enough to talk to her boss in a low voice that sent noticeable shivers down Emily's back. Rebecca prided herself in these simple acts and how effective they were – especially since her whole life had been devoted to much less subtlety to get her way.

One of the other changes was how Rebecca now addressed the blonde. Amongst prying ears, Emily was still Ms. Frazier but when it was just the two of them Rebecca preferred to refer to her boss as Emmy – and while she would never willingly admit it, Emily preferred it as well. Rebecca liked the way Emily's face would break into an adorable grin whenever she heard the nickname and so she had no intention to stop using it using it anytime soon.

Out of all the tactics that Rebecca employed to her side of the game, the 'Emmy' strategy was easily the most powerful when it came to getting her way. It didn't work all the time, but at the right place, in the right setting, with the right amount of stress surrounding Emily, it worked like a charm. Rebecca had become an expert at pulling out a well – timed Emmy and had no problem using it to its full advantage. It was like casting a spell on the girl really. Instantly Emily would go from moody and huffy to dreamy and full of smiles.

Then again, it was possible that Emily's change of mood had less to do with Rebecca. Even in her most stressed out state, Emily had been in a much better mood lately. She had more team meetings for the new project and it seemed like Emily couldn't stop gushing over it at every chance even when the two were alone together. It was almost as if a new life was being breathed into the blonde.

Rebecca knew that the project contributed to the blonde's change in attitude of late – and she didn't deny how much Emily deserved this big break and that she was indeed happy for the girl as well – she also wasn't willing to give up the complete change to Emily's new progression to her work. Rebecca liked to think that she was the catalyst to the change. Without her making the first move in the office that night, Emily wouldn't have started to loosen up a little and thus find more success than the blonde had already accomplished on her own. This was how Rebecca fed her ego at least – and it was a very hungry ego.

Still, Rebecca wasn't blind and so she began to observe Emily more when she could. She watched as the blonde interacted with others, laughing and smiling in a way that was truly authentic – not the usual tight – lipped smile and awkward chuckle Emily had been so famous of using before. Rebecca also noticed that Emily would lightly touch one of her colleagues arms while they spoke, cementing that fact that she was indeed human and not some super being that was above everyone else. It was curious seeing these changes in the girl that was hard as stone just a few weeks prior.