1. Lucas

Ever since I can remember my life has been a living nightmare. From the moment my mother gave birth to me I was taken from her arms and placed in the arms of my father's Beta, James. That man was the worst human and animal I have ever met in my life. My life changed the moment I had turned 10 and I didn't know what was happening with my body but it hurt. I felt as if my insides were burning and it hurt like hell. Unmated -both men and women- wolves would be slamming their fists against my door trying to get it. The only person who was always at my side had been my father's beta, James. His eyes wood turn this dark shade of blue and I void smell his arousal from where I lay among me whimper as the burning became intense.

"Hurts" I whimpered as tears filled my eyes.

"Don't you fucking dare touch my son you bastard," a voice yelled from the other side of the door before she cried out as the sound of skin hitting skin filled the air outside my bedroom.

"I'm going to make you feel better," James said his voice thick meaning his wolf was at the surface and even though I was ten at the time I knew enough about omegas and females going into heat to know that what he was about to do was not something a child should have to endure.

Months after the night passed by in a blink and I knew my body was changing because it felt heavier and my appetite was changing. I'd wake up every morning and rush to the bathroom and throw up what little room had in my stomach. My throat felt sore and bile made it taste bitter.

"Oh my god,"an all too familiar voice whispered and I whipped around to see my mother standing at my door with her hands over her mouth and tears in her eyes, "what did that bastard do to you, my boy?"

I looked at her confused, even though we never had a relationship due to my being taken out of her arms when I was born, I knew she was my mother by our similar facial structure and eyes. She was just an inch taller than me with a swim built. She was thin for her age and there were dark circles under her eyes and a new bruise forming on her cheek.

"He hit you again," I said looking at her and she wrapped her arms around herself as if protecting herself, "why don't you leave? I'm sure there's a pack of wolves that would take you in if you asked for help"

"I can't leave, Lucas, if I set foot out of these walls I'll be killed. And the last thing I want to do is leave you and your unborn child here to be hurt by these barbarians," she murmured and I blinked confused, what did she mean by an unborn child?

"What?" I asked confused and she looked behind herself to see if no one was around to tell the alpha, aka, my father, that she was here speaking with me when she was forbidden to so. I wanted to her, I truly did but I couldn't find it in me to hate her because she had it worse then I did. She gets beaten by everyone in the pack and I always thought that mates never hurt each other that watching as every pack member beats her and calls her names while my father watched on with a whore on each arm laughing.

"You need to leave this place as soon as you can, Lucas. This place isn't for you or your child." She said cupping my face in her bones hands and I swallowed the lump in my these finally making sense of what she was saying. All those times I'd woken up in the middle of the night to throw up made sense to symptoms of being pregnant.

"I-I" I stuttered and all she did was pull me into a warm hug as tears rolled down my face. I had been 10 years old at the time I found out I was expecting my first child. 11 when Princeton Alexander was born. I didn't dare give my son the last name that only meant pain and fear. As my pregnancy continued I knew my scent changed drastically which only intrigued James as he had been the one that had sedated my heat when it first started. He changed when word got out that I was carrying and was attentive to me always making sure I was okay and comfortable and when our -as much as I hate the sound of that- was born, he was there with me the entire time.