11. Lucas

I stood at the back porch watching my parents and grandparents playing with the kids and smiled. The sound of Bella and Prince's giggles filled the air and I couldn't help but smile at the sound. Even though I watched my family I kept my ears pierced for any unknown noises. It's been two years since we last had any rogue or hunter sightings and I was relieved because that was the last thing I wanted to focus on top of everything else. I scanned the yard and swallowed the lump in my throat upon seeing Caleb with his girlfriend and sighed.

>just break up with him even if it hurst< Phoenix said in my head and I bit the inside of my cheek >if he actually cared about us the way he says he does then he wouldn't have asked you to keep your relationship a secret from everyone<

>I know and I will< I replied and he gave me a look that said yeah right but I ignored it and instead blocked him out and focused on the laughter of my kids and siblings. I felt a tightness in my chest when my eyes locked into Caleb again and saw him kissing the girl and willed my tears to stay at bay.

You may be confused as to what is happening so let me give you a run down. Two years ago after Caleb proved himself to my family, everyone finally began to warm up to him and about five months ago he asked me to be his boyfriend but on the condition that we had to keep it a secret due to our age differences but I knew it was bull but at that time I didn't care because I had actually fallen hard for him so I agreed which was a stupid idea. Anyway, in front of the pack and in school he's dating this girl named Lola or something of the sorts, I couldn't careless what her name is if I'm being honest. When we're alone and behind closed doors he's like the boy I befriended two years ago, sweet, kind and attentive which always throws me for a loop whenever we're in front of other people. It confuses the fuck out of me.

I sighed and decided to head inside to prepare Bella and Princeton's lunch as I made up my mind. Even though I loved him, I couldn't continue being in a relationship that I had to hide from my family. It's been hard especially with Mama who is the observant one. I shook my head and decided to just push those thoughts in the back burner for now and instead I grabbed some bread, ham, cheese and mayo from the fridge and began making the kids each a ham and cheese sandwich before I grabbed some peanut butter and jelly and made the triplets their PB&J sandwiches.

Once those were set, I grabbed some crackers and fruit and placed them in their little plates before I went back to the fridge to grab some juice boxes. All the while I could feel his eyes in the back of my head but I ignored him and instead finished preparing the kids lunches that I placed on a tray so I could take them out.

"Are you going to ignore me or are you going to acknowledge me?" He finally asked making me take a deep breath

"I'm busy right now,if you haven't noticed" I replied and made to walk around him but he stopped me by grabbing me by the upper arm

"Is something wrong?" He asked making me clench my jaw

"Are you serious?" I asked turning to look at him before I placed the tray of food back on the island, "are you honestly asking me that right now?"

"Did I do something wr"-

"Don't," I snapped cutting him off which had him frowning, "I'm done, Caleb. I can't do this secret relationship anymore. You have no fucking idea how hard it is to watch you kiss her and do nothing but watch as it kills me. To act as if there's nothing more than friendship going on between us when in reality all I want to do is to tell the world that we're dating but you don't want that. So I'm done. I really hope that you're happy with her and just stay away from me" I felt tears roll down my cheeks as he watched me with a pained look in his eyes and he went to touch me but I backed away from him.