5. Lucas

I hissed as I was pushed against the kitchen island-I should really start wearing thick hoodies so the corners won't stab me on the sides- and looked up to see Caleb glaring daggers at me. I swallowed the lump in my throat knowing he could hear my heart racing in my chest as my lungs felt as if they were going to burst at any moment.

"You're pathetic," he sneered his eyes dark as he looked at me in disgust making me bite my lip, "you think the pack, especially the alphas and their family actually like you? you're stupid if you do. They only took you on and adopted you out of pity,"

I knew he was lying. Ever since I came to this pack almost two months ago, he and his friends have been doing everything they could to get me to leave. His comments and hate words have hurt and though I never wanted them to affect me, they did. I'm always forced to hide my true emotions from Mama and Papa because of his and his friends. I don't even know why he hates me so much that he's willing to hurt me knowing that he'd punished for it.

"You don't belong here, rogue," his voice hissed breaking me out of my thoughts

"And you do?" We looked behind Caleb to see Sage, one of Papa's younger brothers, standing in the doorway with Adam who was glaring at Caleb who still had me pinned to the island, "Dimitri and Bennett are looking for you, Lucas,"

I bit my cheek since I couldn't move due to Caleb's body pinning me against the counter

"This conversation isn't over," Caleb hissed backing away from me and gave me enough room to move which I did and left the kitchen knowing that Adam and Sage were going to give Caleb a beat down-again- and sighed shaking my head before going in search of my adopted parents.

I furrowed my brows when I didn't see Mama anywhere but only saw Papa with Mama's biological parents. It's been a few hours since Mama and Papa told us the news about who the two newcomers were that we had seen after Mama was discharged from the infirmary with my baby siblings and my kids. It had been a little unsettling to see them since I had heard the story about Mama's parents being grandpa Morgan and Lilith but they were, in fact, his aunt and uncle while the people sitting with Papa were his real parents that had been in a different place for the past 12 years after being kidnapped by rogues.

"MAMA!" I looked over to see Princeton running towards me with a beaming smile making me crouch to his level and hold my arms open and his little body crashed into me a second later, "were you?"

"In the kitchen getting a drink, have you been behaving for Bo?" I asked and he nodded his blue eyes bright, "and sissy?"

"With Bo" he replied pointing towards the couple and Papa who was sitting on a picnic blanket with the triplets, Aiden and Bella. I hummed and stood back up with him and made my way toward them making the three grown-ups look up when they heard our approach and smiled with Papa patting the spot next to him. I set Princeton down who ran towards Aiden and the two little boys began playing chance as we watched them with smiles

"Where were you?" Papa asked

"In the kitchen," I replied and he nodded

"Did Caleb do anything?" He asked making me frown and went to shake my head but he added with a whisper, "I saw him follow you into the house when you went in"  I bit my bottom lip and looked at Molly and Marc- Mama's parents- to see that they were watching the boys playing and if they were listening they didn't make it known

"He just cornered me, nothing out of the norm," I murmured and he nodded with a sigh

"I don't know what's gotten into him lately but if he doesn't change he'll be getting sent to Arizona to be disciplined by the alpha there who's a great friend mine," he said and I nodded not really knowing what to say.