Mark

[ Requested by a lovely reader of mines ]

"You're not the person I thought you were." I mumbled tears threatening to fall.

I can't believe I let him play with me again, thinking he actually liked me. Taking his cloying words and compliments to heart not knowing that it's just how he is, just nothing but a flirt. Or better yet a playboy that tangled himself into my delicate heart of mines.

Thinking he was only for me, but turns out he's for everyone. Having the need to appease those when he feels like it. Like he doesn't have a girlfriend that loves him more than his so called "friends" do. There's simply no way he claims all of the girls his sisters or his best friends.

"But I'm the person you know me as." Mark states confusing me.
"And what is that?" I folded my arms glaring deep into his eyes.

"Come on y/n, you know I love you. I'm your boyfriend." Mark scoffed trying to reach for my hand.

I noticed how he's risking himself here in this very hallway. Seniors don't belong in the sophomore hallways. And if they were caught it was automatic detention. Considering no senior should be interacting with such young people. But somehow, we ended up dating coincidentally.

"And apparently you're everyone else's boyfriend too. Because it sure does feel like I'm sharing you with every girl on this campus. Giving them sweet compliments, leaving me in the dirt. Don't you know how many girls teased me that I should watch out because I'm not the only one that has your attention? It's humiliating to even stomach the thought. And that's exactly why I called you here... I don't think we should date." I spoke from the bottom of my heart, my small figure quaking with my sudden confidence to finally speak what was on my mind.

"Y/N. You don't mean that." Mark quivers under my strong gaze. Chuckling in fear as he read my non affectionate expression. His small little grin fell. He reached out to my arm then I jerked it away.

"I mean every word I said. We're done Mark. Go ahead and go please the others like you're used to." I spat brushing my shoulder past him.

"Wait y/n!" Mark shouts. Hearing small patters from behind, I just knew that he was running after me. I had just began to cry, the chilly tears gliding along my heated cheeks.

I didn't want to be in this school. At all, nor did I want to see his face. It hurts alone just to know that even the person you love the most can turn their backs on you and back stab you just like that. I'm sure my friends would know why I am leaving school early.

Stepping on each aged crack on the sidewalk, feeling the tears drop from my jawline. The spring weather appears at the right time, a small drizzle of rain tapping onto my solemn body gently. Sniffling about every second trying to recollect myself. What did I ever do wrong?

Becoming weak to my knees, dropping instantly to the floor scraping my legs. Sobbing my heart out. I didn't want to end it, but if it's for the best I will have to endure it for the time being.

                                 +

Throughout the weeks he's been trying to find ways to run across my paths. Walking the long way to his house, walking right in front of me in attempt to make me see him. Passing by me during lunch and 'accidentally' dropping his milk by me. If he just wanted my attention, he already had it. I haven't stopped looking at him since the day that we had split up.

I'd be lying if I said that I didn't miss him or his touch and scent. Lifting the hem of his black hoodie that I wore today to my nose. Reminiscing of him hugging me, planting small kisses on my forehead, just him in general. I still wanted him. And for the progress he's shown, he stopped talking to most of the girls. Making an effort to be seen by me. It was cute to me.

I flipped through my romance novel, back against the harsh yet comforting bark of the tree providing shade. Head phones in my ears to block out the cluttered noise of the people playing soccer. Along with those people there was Mark. I glanced up every now and then, seeing him gracefully kicking the ball into the goal. With a smile plastered on his face, and his wet hair that was soaked from his sweat.

The sight of him drove me insane. Contemplating whether I should go up and talk to him or not. Just when I figured I should, the ball trotted towards me. Setting the book by my side, jolting to catch the ball with the tip of my converse shoes. "Hey... nice catch." Mark breathed out jogging to me to retrieve the ball

"Thanks, you got time?" I kicked the ball to him as he caught it. Averting his eyes between me and his friends. Mark picked the soccer ball up into his small hands and tossed it to his friends signaling them to start without him.

"Yeah, let's talk over here. Nice hoodie by the way." He advised pointing towards the nearly vacant bleachers full of females cheering for him and his friends.

Silently following behind him, admiring his chiseled back muscles seeping through the tight tank top he wore. The girls gaze up at him standing at his appearance opening their arms wide. He glanced at them and continued to walk to the top of the bleachers where no one sat.

"What is it that you wanna y'all about?" Mark questioned leaning his forearms onto his legs rubbing his hands together.

"Us. I was childish, I know. Letting the negativity engulf me and not even letting you get your side out. I still want you Mark." I confessed fiddling with my fingers.

Mark heaved a sigh, bringing his hands towards mines to cup them. His gaze trailing up from my hands to my face. "I wanna say that I want you too but I think I  need you more than I want you, y/n." Mark said leaning in closer to me.

His warm breath fanning my rose tinted upper lip. I could only stare at his lips that wavered over mines. Mark cups my jaw and plants his lips on mines pressing gently but roughly. He pulled away unsure of his actions and how I'd react to them.

"I'm sorry, I forced myself onto you." Mark apologized pulling back.

"No it's fine. So are we back together?" I said. I wasn't quite sure if this meant that we were together or if it was just a last kiss goodbye.

"Back and better than ever." He chuckled pulling me into his embrace. I smiled into his arms glad to finally have him back.
"By the way, keep wearing my hoodies. You look stunning in them." He complimented ruffling my hair.
______________________
Thank you all for reading this chapter! I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did! Please be sure to leave a vote and or comment!