Igloo

*Dippers Point of View

I wake up and look outside. Its snowing again. I honestly don't think this is normal Oregon weather, but then again, its Gravity Falls. Nothing here is normal. Except Tad Strange, who isn't very normal, because he's the only one normal. That gave me a head ache. I change into an orange T-shirt, and some grey sweatpants. I trot downstairs to greet my family.

They all are happy when I came down. I don't know how Mabel woke up first. If you could, she'd sleep until 9:00am, the next day!

"What do we have planned for today?" Stan makes the mistake of asking. All the talking at once just between Mabel and Great Uncle Ford made me confused. Here's what I got out of it.

"Well I was thinking- we should- gnomes aren't- could always try to- but if we- lessons- sweaters- ink- glue- build an- WAIT! GUNKLE FORD WE COULD BUILD AN IGLOO!"

I assume if you know anything about my family, that you know who was who. If you don't, then it started as Great Uncle Ford and ended as Mabel and went back and forth between them as Great Uncle Stan and I watched in confusion.

"Actually, that's not a bad idea. I haven't done anything normal in, I don't even know how many years!" Great Uncle Ford proclaims. Igloo it is. Great Uncle Stan and I never get to have a say. I guess we aren't the 'Alpha Twins' or whatever.

I go to the den to watch TV with my breakfast. I have 2 frozen waffles. Great Uncle Stan comes in with Mabels new breakfast sandwich. Mabel has expanded the Mabel Juice brand to making Mabel soup for all-nighters and Mabel breakfast sandwiches. One bite and his face tells me all I need to know, That, and the fact that she got her hands on pink bread, and glitter eggs. I couldn't make it up if I wanted to.

I silently hand one of my waffles to Grunkle Stan. He accepts them. I never really though about it, but if you look it up, Gruncle is in the urban dictionary. But Grunkle is not. Yet, if you look up Gruncle it auto corrects you to spell out Grunkle. I think Mabel has been making private phone calls with Google again. Ok, so maybe I put a lot of thought into it.

We go outside after breakfast and start our Igloo. Its actually not as fun as it sounds. I usually love this stuff, but packing snow into a plastic box and emptying it over and over is a bore. Then the roof was a whole new thing. Lets just say we found it impossible. First Stan, then Mabel, then I finally retired to the warmth inside and a good show to watch and a glass of hot cocoa. After 3 hours, we realize we left Grunkle Ford alone and he hasn't come back. He go out to check on him, and you'll never guess what he had done.

Actually, you might. He had built a giant Igloo, as tall as the mystery shack, complete with outer carvings, balcony's, actually working doors, rooms inside, and a grand staircase. Stan throws his cup of coffee on the ground and it shatters. He stormed off, mumbling about a show-off and some sort of science fair. I have no clue..

"Hey kids! Let me finish this gargoyle then I'll give you the grand tour!" Grunkle Ford calls down happily from the top balcony. I go over to where a machine he made is packing snow blocks and stacking them for his use. Man, hes cool. He finishes chiseling a block of ice then disappears inside. A few minuets later he's back out, at ground level.

"So I made an electric chisel to help move things along. This is the drawing room. Over there is where I plan on carving the Mona-Lisa if I have time. This way. Ok, this is the library. Each book can in fact, be opened, but I only had so much time. Letters are hard so I made it in braille. Ok, this way. Up here is the 2nd floor. Here is the 4th master bedroom. Oh! I love this kitchen. It  takes moisture from the air to have running water, and there is a literal ice box. Through here, is the 2nd bathroom. The shower water is still really cold. I ought to work on that. The rest of the floor is mediocre bedrooms, closets, and the spa. Nothing really special. Next, on the 3rd floor, we have my favorite 2 rooms. A lab with working electricity and computers made entirely of ice! Ok, fine. Ice and a piece of tin-foil. I just didn't have the time.... And my favorite room. A complete, to scale replica of your room!" He says, rushing through the igloo at a speed no old guy should be able to manage and ending with a flourish in a large room with sloping ceiling. It is exact.

"We left you alone for 3 hours! How?" I demand.

"A magician never tells." He says wagging his finger in my face. I push it aside.

"You aren't a magician, your a scientist. They share their knowledge." I beg. Mabel is sitting on her ice bed, dumbfounded.

"Well I'm not sharing this one." He chuckles. We all head back inside. I thought I knew as much as I could about my family. Oh man, was I wrong!