🗝Two Attempts

A U T H O R

"Taehyung!!" Jennie happily shouted the moment she entered the room. Taehyung was about to say a word but she suddenly jumped on him and hugged him tight. He had no idea what sorcery happened to her but he hugged her back. "You won't believe this!!" She stood up properly and breathed before, "I found out my powers!"

"Really? How? And I won't let you get away with what you did earlier. You can't just leave the bed and go out somewhere without me."

"Okay, okay, chill.. I'll ask permission next time. But Tae! I can talk to animals! I just talked to Blair, the unicorns and Miranda and McGude! Taehyung, I can talk to animals! That's what's hidden inside me all these time!"

Why am I not surprised? Taehyung thought. "I'm glad you finally found out about your powers Jen. At least this time, you can finally defend yourself through calling your animal friends. The high sorcerer's right. Your powers are beautiful."

"Yeah.. Wait, I gotta go tell Lisa." She excitedly left the room and went to the main hall. "Lis-" She stopped, seeing a lot of students outside one classroom. "What's happening?"

"Are you sure it's her? Why would she do it?" A student who passed by her said to her friend.

Jennie got curious and ran towards that classroom. "Excuse me. Let me pass." She squeezed her way in and widened her eyes seeing her friend lying on the floor, blood coming out from her wrist. "Lisa!!" She shouted and walked towards her lifeless looking body. "Lis! Lis, what have you done?"

The teachers came in and carried her out. "Jennie, what happened?" The high sorcerer asked.

"I don't know. I just got here and.. Sh-she'll be alright, right high sorcerer? Lisa's gonna be fine." He sighed and looked down. "No! Why do you look like that? You can still save her like how you saved me!" She shouted almost tearing up. "Please.. She's my friend and I can't lose her."

"I'll do what I can, Jennie. But I can't promise anything. I'm sorry." He walked away and left. Jennie stood there frozen and scared. I thought she was fine.

She quickly left the room and followed them. They took her to the clinic near the school. "Please be strong, Lisa. Don't let go.." She peeked through the window and saw them trying to treat her wound. "What happened..?"

"Jennie!" She turned around and saw Jungkook running towards her. "I heard what happened. Is she okay?" She sighed and shook her head. "Why did she do it?"

"I have no idea. We talked about this and I thought she moved on." Jennie peeked through the window again. "She's really not the Lisa we see everyday. The truth is... She's the opposite of what she shows when she's around us."

"Jennie!" She turned around and this time, she saw Taehyung running towards her. "Is she inside?" She nodded and looked at the teachers trying to save her.

"Please Lisa.. You can't leave like this. Not now that I finally found someone I want to keep forever." Her tears started falling making Taehyung put his arm around her shoulder and pulled her close. Jungkook saw this and looked away.

The teachers came out and saw the three of them. "Jennie." The high sorcerer called and walked towards her.

"Is she okay? You did everything to save her, right?"

"She lost a lot of blood that's why she fainted. But looks like she didn't want to let go yet. She's safe now. We only need to wait for her to wake up." Jennie breathed and felt relieved.

"Can I come in?" He nodded and Jennie quickly went inside. "Lis.." She looked at Lisa's face and smiled. "I'm glad you're fine. I'll stay here until you wake up."

Jennie sat on the couch near her bed and looked at her fingers. "Jen, your leg's not yet well. Are you sure you want to stay here?" Taehyung worriedly asked.

"Someone needs to look after her. She might wake up any minute and I want to be the person she sees first. I have to talk to her. I hope you understand Taehyung."

He sighed and nodded. "Okay. I'll be in the room." He said and left. Jungkook took one more glance at Lisa and walked away.

Hours passed and Jennie fell asleep on the couch. It's almost nine and Lisa started to wake up. She saw Jennie sleeping and smiled. "You're really here for me." She looked at her wrist and she started crying again.

Jennie heard sobs and knew that it was Lisa. "Lis! You're awake!" She stood up and hugged her. "I got so worried about you. Why would you do this?" She asked and backed away. "I thought we talked about this.."

"I found out something last night." Jennie's eyes softened and listened to her. "My parents... They never wanted me to be born. Mom planned to kill me when she was still pregnant and dad.. He never really cared. But grandma stopped them and took care of me instead. I never thought they could be this selfish." She broke down in tears. Jennie held her hand and looked straight into her eyes. "Jen, it was all in the letters grandma sent them."

"Lisa listen to me. They might not want to have you, but we do. Your friends do. We care about you Lis. To be honest, whenever you tease me, you would always make me laugh. You cheer me up. It's true that not everyone loves and adores you but think of the people who actually cares about you. If you ended up killing yourself, what would we feel? Don't do this again, please?"

"I'm sorry. I guess I wasn't thinking straight. Why did I come back to our house anyway.. If only I knew that I would find out about this, I shouldn't have came back."

"If you're feeling sad and alone because of these shits happening to your life, I'm here to talk to you. I'll listen to you, whatever problem that is. Just don't try to do this to yourself again. It's not worth it."

Lisa looked down and nodded. "Okay." Jennie hugged her again and patted her back. "Thanks Jen." She pulled away and smiled. The bell rang indicating their first class. "You should go. I'll be alright."

"No, I won't. Who would look after you here?"

The door suddenly opened revealing Jungkook with a basket of fruits. "Hey, you're awake." Lisa's lips curved to a smile. "I'll take care of her Jennie. You can go to class."

"Are you sure?" He nodded and laid the basket of fruits on the table. "Protect my friend, Jungkook. Don't let her do anything dangerous."

"Okay." Jennie bid goodbye and left. "How are you feeling?" He asked and sat on the edge of her bed.

"Better, I guess." She looked at the basket of fruits and back to him. "Why... Why are you doing this?"

"Because I feel like I have to. Why? You don't want me here?" Lisa looked away and blushed. Jungkook noticed this and chuckled. "Come on, eat up." He took an apple and gave it to her.

"Thank you." She said and smiled.

"Anytime."

--
Author's Note:

That's another Liskook moment for you guys!😊 Hope you liked it💛