A Honeymoon In Narnia

6th January 1949

"Oh, must you go?" Lilith sighed as she heard the snap of a suitcase from their bedroom, "A week before the wedding, Peter- really?"

"I know, I know and I'm sorry, Lils." The blond replied, and he was sorry, very much so, "But it's just to find the rings, Lu's ever so excited. I'll be back in a day or so. You can still come for the ride if you want, Ed won't mind."

"I've to meet Ivy for lunch tomorrow, I can't cancel on her." Lilith decided before advancing on her fiancé with a smile, "Besides, you'll take me with you."

"I did promise that." Peter recalled with a smile, wrapping his arms around her waist, "I'll come back, we'll get married and then take a honeymoon in Narnia."

Lilith was speechless hearing the plan, even if they did talk of it every night before they slept, "I do hope the Dryad's will still be there. They sound beautiful..."

"They ought to be. Perhaps even the-"

But the once High King was silenced by the call of her Father's Grandfather clock, one of the lone things, alongside his fiery Flower, that had survived that particular bomb all those years back. "I have to go." He told her regretfully.

"Are you sure?"

"Positive. The train's at-"

Lilith rolled her eyes, " I meant are you sure you have to go at all? I've an awful feeling-"

"There no need to worry, Flower. It's only a train there and back. I'll be with Ed, he's great with his directions. Lu and the others might even come along-"

There was a twisting in Lilith's gut that hadn't settled at all over the past week. She'd felt something- something off ever since Peter had mentioned going after the magic rings. It was a feeling that she couldn't explain, and half wondered whether it was a sense of foreboding or- well, with where the feeling was...

"You best be back by Saturday," She told him sternly, "it's the final rehearsal."

"I wouldn't miss it for the world." He assured her as the shared a final kiss before time forced him to prise himself away from her and took his case.

Lilith believed him as she waved him off from their small terraced house and down the street, for not once had Peter Pevensie ever lied to her.