What Is Omegaverse?

Alphas are generally dominant and able to impregnate Omegas. Male Alphas usually have a knot when aroused. In some works, female Alphas are also able to impregnate others.

Betas are subordinate to Alphas and may or may not be able to impregnate Omegas; they take the role and functions of Omegas and Omegas aren't present. Betas are often presented as having "normal" human anatomy, with none of the special attributes of Alphas or Omegas, or as peacemakers between Alphas and Omegas.

Omegas are generally lowest on the hierarchy. Male Omegas are self-lubricating and have the ability to become pregnant, sometimes referred to as being bred or mated. Lovers may form pair-bonds with a special connection with telepathic or empathetic qualities. Paired Alphas may be jealous and possessive of their mate, while the Omega may become submissive. Omegas and Alphas may go into heat and need to have sex; this may be the only time Omegas are fertile.

Heat A heat is the time when the Omega is most fertile and ready to mate, or just hide away until the heat is over. If they have an Alpha mate, they will never leave their side unless they need to get their Omega food or water. Mainly, they have sex and then rest.

Nests Most Omegas will build a nest in a secure room to provide comfort for themselves and their Alpha partner. This nest is made up of all soft items that they own, ranging from their clothes to their bedding. If they have an alpha they trust, they'll use their clothing in the nest too. A nest is where the omega feels comfortable, since their fragile creatures. Most alphas will respect this as the omega's space. If the nest is invaded, the omega is most likely to develop trust issues. If the omega has an alpha, it's the alpha's job to protect the nest to essentials keep their omega safe.

Ruts Alphas experience ruts the same way that Omegas experience heats, but instead of submitting, they feel the need to dominate. If they don't have a partner, they'll do the same thing an Omega does; lock themselves in their rooms until rut is over. However, Alphas in rut are much more dangerous than usual. If they feel threatened, or smell an unfamiliar scent, they'll feel a strong urge to attack. If there is an Omega nearby, they may feel the need to protect them from harm (even if there is none). Other Alphas may instinctively try to mate with the Omega, whether forcefully or not.