5: Restaurant Awkwardness

Saturday

"Honey, i love you but you are taking forever, we are going to be late."

Aaron yelled up the stairs to his boyfriend, who was standing in their bedroom, trying to decide which tie matched with his shoes. Aaron had gotten ready for dinner early, he was that kind of guy who just couldn't be late for anything.

They usually weren't the couple to go on dates, but it was Nathan's birthday today so it was a special occasion. Nathan was turning 32 while Aaron was 37, so it was only a 5 year age gap.

"I'm coming, i'm coming, i am here and i am queer."

Nathan sang, running out from the bedroom and down the stairs.

"Thank god, you spent forever in that closet, but you look amazing."

"You should talk, you're still in there."

Aaron chuckled.

"Actually, tomorrow Dave is hosting a team dinner, and i have decided to tell them then."

"Really, i am so happy for you and for me so i can finally put faces on these people you keep mentioning Dave, Garcia, Reid, Prentiss."

Nathan leaned up to kiss his boyfriend, it quickly became a more heated kiss. Aaron finally broke apart by saying.

"Kiss me like that again, and we will be late."

With that they headed out the door to dinner.

The restaurant they were going to wasn't the most prestigious, but Aaron didn't want to bump into anyone he knew. Also it just made it so much better that it's a "diva free zone", at least that was Nathan's opinion.

They arrived at the restaurant and quickly got their table for 2. Aaron and Nathan had been there many times before, and already knew what they wanted to order. They got their drinks and were waiting for the food.

Garcia had decided that they should carpool to the restaurant, so once everyone had been picked up they were on their way.

"Am i the only one who is nervous?"

JJ asked interrupting a conversation, but she didn't really care. Reid answered.

"I am, what if he gets mad at us."

"Why should he be mad pretty boy, we are just going to dinner at a restaurant."

"Look, we just care about him and his boyfriend that is not illegal, besides he doesn't know that we have slightly stalked him, and what he doesn't know won't kill him."

Garcia chimed in, stating it as a matter of fact.

They arrived at the restaurant, walked in and got pointed towards their table, it was right next to an bar. They quickly saw their boss's secret boyfriend otherwise known as Nathan, at a table on the other side of the bar, he was sitting with a guy who was facing the other way, so they couldn't see his face, but it looked a lot like the back of Hotch's head.

"You see them right?"

"Yes, we do Baby Girl. What are we gonna do?"

"I say we eat."

"Good idea boy wonder, we eat and keep an eye on Hotch."

They ordered their food, and kept looking in Hotch's direction, from time to time getting eye contact with Nathan.

Nathan and Aaron where deep in conversation, when Nathan decided to cut Aaron off mid sentence.

"Aaron, honey... I don't want to freak you out... And don't look, but there are these 4 people who keep looking in our direction every 2 seconds."