Chapter Three

~Rosaline~

Wow, that was easier than I thought.

I stared at Colleen's limp body on the floor. Blood was gushing from the spot in her chest where my knife had pierced into her body. I regreted nothing. She wasn't doing me any good anyway. 

I suddenly became more aware of the silent wisperes of the other human beings around me. The lights were still off, so no one had noticed Colleen yet, but I should probably clean up this mess before someone did. 

I slid my knife back into my backpack, Then picked up the limp body by the shoulders and draged it across the floor. There was still blood on the floor where she had been laying, so I just had to hope no one saw while I dragged her into a room. 

the room was as dark as the rest of the house. I felt around for the door knob and shut the door behind me as silently as I could. I took a step forward but almost tripped over something on the floor. I rested down Colleen, and bent down to pick it up and see what it was. 

A flashlight. Perfect.

I picked it up and turned it on. It flickered a few times before the light could fully shine from it.

all that was in the room was a light and a chair directly below it. dust and cobwebs were everywhere.

Who the heck has a room with just a chair and a light? 

It was perfect, though. No one came in here from the looks of it, so no one would find Colleen.

I took my knife back out from my bag and carefuly sliced off each of Colleen's limbs and threw them on the floor. I left her head on the chair under the light. I wiped off the bit of blood from my glasses and stared at my work. My anger had been let out. I then quickly turned off the flashlight, threw it on the floor and went to clean off the blood from the floor. 

I pushed through the crowd of people, who were no longer whispering. I pushed by and reached forward and felt a doorknob. If I was in luck, maybe this was the bathroom. I opened the door and it made a loud creek. I should have brought that flashlight with me, but it was too late for that.

I felt around the the room for a towel or something to use. After a while of feeling around, I felt something round. It was smooth and rough at the same time. It was with out a doubt the paper towels. I hurried up and grabbed a whole bunch before leaving the bathroom and going to wipe up Colleen's blood.

I crawled on the floor through the legs in the crowd, when i felt something warm and wet touch my hand. Colleen's blood. I quickly wiped around the area, praying that I wasn't missing any spots.

It had been at least twenty minutes. The lights would be on soon.

I felt my way back to the bathroom and threw the papper towels in the trash can. Hopefuly everyone would think it was just a girl on her period. I ran out of the bathroom and back into the living room.

Mission success.

Now all I had to do was not get caught, which shouldn't be too hard. I was positive I hadn't left a trace.

The lights were off for another ten minutes after that. Suddeny, I heard the noise of the power generator somewhere in the distance. The lights were turned back on. I could see people's faces again. More inportantly, the love of my life's face. I still hadn't figured out his name.

Austin was standing in the kitchen close to the door. "lights are back on, everyone! feel free to keep partying, or help yourselves to any snacks!"

A few cheers rose from the party, then Austin started back up some music, and everything was back to how it was before, as if nothing had happend. Thankfuly, no one had noticed Colleen's disappearance.

Yet.

A few moments later. I found myself sitting on the couch, trying to figure out the right words to say to this guy.

Hey, you're really cute!

No, too fast for that.

Hey, uh, I, noticed you were looking kinda lonely?

I looked over to see him playing UNO with a group of friends at the table, far from lonely.

I slouched into the couch, furious with myself.

It's not that hard! why can't you-

My thoughts were inturrupted by the sound of loud knocking at the door.

"Open up! it's the Police!"

My heart had just sunk.