Chapter Ten

~Vinny~

I woke up the next morning, Austin was gone. His body was laying on the kitchen table where everyone could see it. It was all horrible.

Who would have the nerve to murder Austin in his own home?

The only friends of mine that were still alive were Lukey, Sophie, and poor Kees. He was crying in the bedroom, but he said he'd rather be left alone.

"I knew this would happen," I muttered to Lukey and Sophie. We all sat on the couch staring at our feet. "Whoever this murderer is, It's only targeting my friends."

"Well, do you know anyone here that doen't like you very much?" Sophie asked.

"I barely know half of these people," I sighed.

Sophie looked like she was in deep thought. "I'm all out of ideas."

"You? Out of ideas?" Lukey asked, suprised. "You always have some idea of something!"

"I- I don't know who might have done this." She admited. 

"Maybe Elaina has some idea?" I suggested.

"Belive me," Lukey said, scooting closer to me. "If Sophie doesn't know something, then they're no chance Elaina knows it. Sophie's the smart one."

I sighed and continued staring at my feet. "I wish we could all go home. Hey Sophie, Why don't you just use your mind ability thing on everyone?" I asked. "Wouldn't that be smarter?"

Sophie sighed. "Unfortunately, It doesn't work like that. I forgot to explain. I have to charge up energy before I use it. Evey use, even slight ones, take a lot of energy out of me. If I use it too often, or if I use it when I'm really tired, That puts almost my whole life at risk," She explained.

I nodded. "Why couldn't you just take us to the police station and inspect us all there?" I asked.

"Because eveyone at the police station is an idiot," Sophie rolled her eyes. "They left town for a 'Break,' and left me and Elaina in charge, which was the most idiodic decision in the entire world."

"Sounds like you need some new police," Lukey sighed.

I was fustrated. "I just don't get it. Why do we live in a world full of idiots?"

Sophie nodded in agreement. "I wish i knew the awnser to that."

There was a pause. 

"I- i should go check on Kees," I said, trying to hide my stutter.

"Ok," Lukey nodded.

I got up from the couch and walked through the crowd of people standing in the room. The downstairs neighbors probably thought we were crazy by now. 

I reached for the doorknob of the bedroom, But i jumped at the noise of a voice behind me.

"Hey, Vinny!"

Startled, I turned around to see the face of Rose.

"Hi, Rose!" I smiled.

"Did you want to maybe, hang out and talk for a bit? Just the two of us?"

I felt too nice to say no, but I didn't want it to be just the two of us either. "Uh, I'll see if Kees wants to come too!" I told her. "I think he'd like someone to talk to."

"Oh, ok," Rose sighed, looking kinda disapointed. "Go ahead then. I'lll be waiting on the couch."

The bedroom door opened with a creek. Kees was sitting under the covers of the bed with the lights turned off. you could hear him silently whimpering under the sheets.

"Hey, Kees?" I said quietly.

"Vinny?" he stuttered.

"Yeah, It's me." You ok in here? you've been here all morning."

"Yeah, I'm fine." Kees sighed. "Just, alittle scared, you know?"

"Yeah, I know." I siad, remebering Jojo's Death the previous night. "Anyway, wanna come outside and talk there? I know you've always been more of a social person."

Kees lifted the blanket off his head. "Sure."

I walked him out of the bedroom and back into the crowd of the Apartment. It made me curious, Who was going to live in Austin's apartment now? he didn't have any kids or anyone who could inhert it. 

Rose was waiting one of the couches alone, playing with her blonde braid.

"I'm back," I smiled, sitting down next to her. "This is my friend Kees."

Kees slowly sat next to me on the couch with a shy smile. "Hi."

"Nice to meet you, Kees," she smiled stiffly.

That was odd.

"So, What did you want me here for?" I asked.

"I don't know, I just kinda wanted to talk to you," she shrugged. "Anything in paticular you want to talk about?"

"No, not really. Just kinda confused about everything going on." I admited.

"Oh. What are you're throughts on it?" She asked, kind of hesitating.

"Who ever he or she is, I noticed they're only targeting my friends. So someone here must really dislike me." I explained.

"I'm sorry to hear that," Rose applogized. "Would hanging out with me sometimes make you feel a little bit better?" 

I looked up and accidently locked eyes with Lukey, who was staring at me and Rose with a hint of Jealosy in his gaze.

"No thanks, Rose. I'd rather be alone." That was kind of a lie, but I couldn't really trust anyone right now. If they saw me hanging around Lukey and Sophie twenty four-seven, They'd notice they were also freinds of mine, and possibly target them next.

"Oh," Rose siad, kinda disapointed. "Well, I'm here if you ever need to talk to me about anything."

"Thanks," I smiled. I got up and Kees followed me back into the bedroom. 

"I don't like her," Kees whispered to me.

"To be honest, I really don't either." I said honestly. "I'm just too nice not to hang out with her I guess.

"Oh, I guess that makes sense." Kees nooded. "I'm gonna go watch Netflix or something. Wanna join?"

"That sounds nice." I agreed. I turned around to close the door when I suddenly noticed Austin's limp body on the table again. I turned around and say the edge of Jojo's arm coverd in blood on the edge of Austin's bed. Seeing them both like that just made me so...fustrated.

Jojo and Austin's Death will be avenged.