Chapter Seven

~Lukey~

Today had been a long day. Like, super long. 

There were some good things about it, however. We got to send someone home. Everyone voted her out, but in the end Elaina and Sophie decided she was good. The only downside was there was still a murderer somewhere in here.

It was about ten p.m, and everyone else was getting ready to go to sleep again. Sophie, Elaina and I had to stay up a bit later to do our jobs. We hadn't seen anything or anyone suspicous yet, but we couldn't let our guards down. Not yet. 

We all sat at the table and watched the guest scurry around quickly and silently, watching out for anyone who might sneak away.

Elaina yawned. "This work is hard."

"You just now noticed?" Sophie asked her. 

"No, I was just reminding you." Elaina smiled.

Sophie gave her a warning glare, then went back to watching the suspects.

There was a weird pause, and all we could hear for a moment was our own breathing and the sound of the sqeaky floor whenever someone took a step.

"What time do we go to bed?" I asked.

"Around twelve-ish, I'd say," Sophie replied. "After we make sure everyone here is asleep and not faking it."

I sighed. I had only got this job as a medic a few days ago. Its a shame my first real task had to be this. The worst things always have to happen at the worst times. I couldn't compain that much, though. If i hadn't come here, I would have never met Vinny. 

Vinny and I had only met a day ago, and we were already pretty good friends. He told me a bit about his life, and I told him a bit about mine. He doesn't know that I'm gay, though. I'm scared to tell him, I dont know how he'll react or how it will effect our friendship. It's better if I keep it a secret for now.

It was quarter till tweleve. Just about everyone was asleep, except a few. Vinny was one of the people who were awake. His other friends were asleep, though.

"Will you guys just sleep already?" Sophie yelled. "Do you guys know what time it is?"

It took about fifteen minutes for eveyone to go to sleep.

"About time," Elaina mumbled. "Ok, we can sleep now." 

Elaina got up to go find a spot on the floor to sleep on. Before she could lay down, A voice came from behind her.

"Excuse me, ma'am?"

Elaina shieked. She turned around to see Vinny standing behind her. She tried to slap him but clumisly missed. "Will you quit sneaking up on me?" She yelled. "And how the hack are you so tall?"

"How the heck are you so short?" Sophie mummbled.

"Don't make me slap you too!" Elaina yelled. 

"Sorry, miss, I didn't mean to-" Vinny started.

"Whatever," Elaina snapped. "Just go to sleep."

"I can't sleep," Vinny stuttered nervously. 

"What do you mean you can't sleep?" Elaina asked him. "You're like, twenty years old"

"Eighteen," Vinny corrected her.

"Ugh," Elaina sighed. "Lukey, stay up with this idiot to make sure he's not up to something."

"Why me?" I asked. "You're the investegator!"

"I'm tired," she growled.

"So am I!" I reminded her.